Easy Sugared Bacon TNT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

deeppitbbq

Cook
Easy Sugared Bacon

1 lb. bacon slices
1 cup brown sugar

Rub or pat brown sugar into both sides of bacon slices. If you wish, you may cut each bacon slice into 3 pieces to make bite-sized pieces. Hint: I freeze the bacon after I buy it. After it is frozen, I take it out and cut it into bite-size pieces. Frozen bacon is alot easier to cut. Then I let it thaw out in the refrigerator and put the brown sugar on it. Arrange bacon slices in Teflon-coated jellyroll pan and bake at 325 for 25 to 30 minutes, or until crisp. Serve as an appetizer or as an accompaniment for brunch.

I used to do candied bacon, very similar, and use it to garnish Guinness ice cream. Surprisingly good though it sounds odd.

I am a firm believer that Bacon makes ANYTHING better:)

I do this but partially bake the bacon, and drain that grease. Then sprinkle with brown sugar and finish. THEN cut each slice into about 4 pieces. use thick sliced bacon.

I will add, that no matter how you make it, line the pan with foil--even if it is a non-stick pan.

It really is more than messy--it is sticky and basically can become caramelized to the pan. In my opinion, if you use a non-stick pan and don't clean it absolutely immediately, it will be hard not to hurt the pan surface. But there is nothing better than this stuff.

deeppitbbq said:
Easy Sugared Bacon

1 lb. bacon slices
1 cup brown sugar

Rub or pat brown sugar into both sides of bacon slices. If you wish, you may cut each bacon slice into 3 pieces to make bite-sized pieces. Hint: I freeze the bacon after I buy it. After it is frozen, I take it out and cut it into bite-size pieces. Frozen bacon is alot easier to cut. Then I let it thaw out in the refrigerator and put the brown sugar on it. Arrange bacon slices in Teflon-coated jellyroll pan and bake at 325 for 25 to 30 minutes, or until crisp. Serve as an appetizer or as an accompaniment for brunch.

I remember this recipe from an old issue of Gourmet Magazine.... probably 10 years ago, at least. This was a big hit until we got old and moved to Germany.;)

I think in the orginal recipe I read, they suggested that you use your oven broiler pan so that the grease drips away from the bacon.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom