These are delicious and always a hit:
SPINACH STUFFED MUSHROOMS
(I rubbed the mushrooms with a little salt to give them extra flavor).
1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
24 large mushrooms, stems removed and stems chopped, set aside
2 tablespoons butter
1 cup onions, finely diced
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
1 1/2 cups spinach, finely chopped (I used about 2 cups, packed)
3 tablespoons breadcrumbs
1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated (I used Parmigiano Reggiano)
salt and pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375 F.
2. Oil a cookie sheet with 1 tbsp oil, and place mushroom caps face up on it.
3. In a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat, and allow to melt. Add onions and thyme.
4. When onions begin to brown, add chopped mushroom stems, spinach, and bread crumbs.
5. Continue to cook until tender, and moisture has evaporated, approximately 5 minutes.
6. Remove from heat. Add parmesan, salt & pepper, stir well.
7. Stuff each mushroom with filling - use all the filling.
8. Sprinkle oil over the caps. (The recipe does not indicate how much oil, so I drizzled a small amount).
9. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
6 servings or 24 mushroom caps
Adapted from Bergy -Recipezaar
"Strength is the capacity to break a chocolate bar into four pieces with your bare hands - and then eat just one of the pieces."