"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Appetizers & Hors D'oeuvres
Old 03-15-2008, 01:40 PM   #11
Master Chef
You're right, auntdot, parmesan definitely sounds like a great addition, too----I've got a dinner coming up soon and I can already see that I'm going to be serving kademas' mushroom recipe--this will knock their snow mushers and wool socks off

The only difference between a "cook" and a "Chef" is who cleans up the kitchen.
expatgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 04:28 PM   #12
Assistant Cook
once i had some cooked sausage patties left over from breakfast in the frig. I had placed right next to basket of fresh mushrooms. For something different to add to dinner I:
cut off stems and chopped stems up fine, set aside caps
In a skillet I saute' chopped mushrooms and finely chopped green onions and small bit of garlic.
I had a box of chicken stove top stuffing..took it out and made it according to directions. I added the cooked mushrooms,onion and garlic to it..added bit of shredded mozzarella that I had...mixed it with the left over sausage that i crumbled up into it.
dipped mushroom caps in butter, filled them with mixture and put on a cookie sheet with sides (sprayedcookie sheet with pam). Baked them till they were browned. Family wasnt waiting for me to serve up..they were at stove with forks all ready..I was allowed two!!!

Mississippi Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 04:59 PM   #13
Executive Chef
I basically do the same, but do add the parm. And they are a pain. And eggplant parm is in that catagory too. But I love all the fried stuff - mozz & zuch sticks. Calimari. Tempura battered shrimp.
So rather than make the mess nowadays, I usually eat out what I hate to cook at home.
But my mouth is sure watering now! Yummy, yummy!

quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote