Fried Mushrooms-rec. Idea

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
We love these, but , they take some time and I usually make a mess when I do them.. But I have to admit, they taste like heaven:)
I use about 24 good size mushrooms. remove the stems and chop fine, along with 3 garlic cloves,several tab. of finely chopped parsley, salt and pepper.I mix this altogether with some melted butter and stuff the mushroom caps..I then dip the caps into beaten egg, then into buttered breadcrumbs back into egg and once more time into the bread crumbs, use a long tooth pick makes it easier to remove from the hot fat as they cook I chill for about an hour then fry the mushrooms in deep hot fat til golden, drain well remove the picks and serve..Yummy with a nice cool drink

kadesma:)

yum, these sound good! do u think they would be ok if they were cooked in the oven, my SO might be scared if i told him they were fried like that LOL, i on the otherhand would probably lick my fingers ;)

Yummo!!! Sometimes the messy stuff tastes the best! Thanks for sharing, km, as I can find all those ingredients here and make my own bread crumbs and the people here go crazy over Western-style desserts and appetizers.

yum, these sound good! do u think they would be ok if they were cooked in the oven, my SO might be scared if i told him they were fried like that LOL, i on the otherhand would probably lick my fingers ;)
I think they would be just fine baked instead of fried..Enjoy:)
kadesma

Yummo!!! Sometimes the messy stuff tastes the best! Thanks for sharing, km, as I can find all those ingredients here and make my own bread crumbs and the people here go crazy over Western-style desserts and appetizers.
Thanks Expatgirl,
they are yummy, hope you get a chance to make them.

kadesma:)

Love, Love Love fried mushrooms. Anyway you make them!! Bring um on!!
I've been on a fried, sliced portabella kick lately, but love my little button shrooms too!

Expatgirl...Stuffed with a crabmeat suffing, drizzled with butter, in the oven for a short visit...Oh my...Oh my! I'm drooling......:rolleyes:

Uncle Bob, that sounds terrific, too---what do any of you think of some red caviar (just a few bits) added for color? Caviar even though $$$$ here isn't as expensive as when exported.

Oh, my, I'm drooling now.............and I love portobellos but you can't get them for love or $$$ here---not even imported

Sounds great. Would probably add some Parmesan, but then again I will add Parmesan to anything.

You're right, auntdot, parmesan definitely sounds like a great addition, too----I've got a dinner coming up soon and I can already see that I'm going to be serving kademas' mushroom recipe--this will knock their snow mushers and wool socks off

once i had some cooked sausage patties left over from breakfast in the frig. I had placed right next to basket of fresh mushrooms. For something different to add to dinner I:
cut off stems and chopped stems up fine, set aside caps
In a skillet I saute' chopped mushrooms and finely chopped green onions and small bit of garlic.
I had a box of chicken stove top stuffing..took it out and made it according to directions. I added the cooked mushrooms,onion and garlic to it..added bit of shredded mozzarella that I had...mixed it with the left over sausage that i crumbled up into it.
dipped mushroom caps in butter, filled them with mixture and put on a cookie sheet with sides (sprayedcookie sheet with pam). Baked them till they were browned. Family wasnt waiting for me to serve up..they were at stove with forks all ready..I was allowed two!!!

I basically do the same, but do add the parm. And they are a pain. And eggplant parm is in that catagory too. But I love all the fried stuff - mozz & zuch sticks. Calimari. Tempura battered shrimp.
So rather than make the mess nowadays, I usually eat out what I hate to cook at home.
But my mouth is sure watering now! Yummy, yummy!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom