Guacamole

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SierraCook

Master Chef
Guacamole

2 avocados, peeled and barely mashed
1/3 cup finely chopped onion
1/3 cup chopped green chilies
2/3 cup chopped tomato
2 tablespoons taco or Tabasco sauce
½ teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon lemon or lime juice

Prepare all ingredients and carefully mix.

Last edited:
YUM! Other than the sugar, (never thought of using it!) I think that's really close to my recipe! I'll be right over to make sure it's good.....

For my wife and crew, and me, it's just avacado, finely diced tomato, lime juice, diced onion, and tobasco.

I had a good freind in San Diego who put beer in his guacamole. He said it was great. I could see how the flavors might compliment each other. But, I detest teh flavor of beer, so I wasn't willing to try it.

Seeeeya; Godweed of the North

Wow, two tablespoons of Tabasco for two avocados, that sounds really spicy.

Sounds great, gotta try it.

Thanks.

I've never made fresh guac, only eaten it... and it beats the **** out of what you can get elsewhere.

Do most of you put tomatoes in it?

Yes, cilantro is the key!! Don't forget that... mine has avocado, onion, tomatoes, cilantro, lime or lemon juice and dash of white pepper...

We also tried red bell pepper for colour when we were out of tomatoes... it was really good, too:)

A little different take...

SierraCook said:
I made this guacamole a couple of weeks ago and did not like it. Too sweet for me. :yuk: It used to be my favorite. I guess your tastes change as you get older. Next time I will leave the sugar out.
You might not like this either, but here's what I do. Fresh avacados mashed with fork. Add minced green onions, minced garlic, salt, chopped jalapenos, about a tsp. juice from the jalapeno jar, lime juice. Let stand in frig, covered, for about three hours. If you add sugar, just a pinch at a time. It should never be sweet. MHO.

I just slice my avocado, add some fresh tomato slices, a bit of lemon juice and salt. I like the taste and texture of the avocado better when it isn't mashed or mixed with too many things.

Here is the recipe I use

2 Avocadoes
1 medium Tomato
about 2 Tspoons choped fresh cilantro
1/2 finlly choped medium red onion
I use canned chopped red Jalapeno about a tspoon
few drops of tobasko (or other hot sauce)
pinch of Salt
about a tspoon of fresh lime juice

Back
Top Bottom