Halloween appetizers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Adventure cook

Assistant Cook
Want to make Halloween meathead made with cocktail sausages. The recipe didn't say anything about cooking them and I have never eaten them without cooking them. The recipe suggested serving with BBQ sauce and not big fan. Other sauces ? What do think?

Welcome to the forum!

Maybe a Mexican style sauce, or a Buffalo type sauce? These are things I see those served with sometimes.

Last edited:
It would probably be safe, but you still might want to heat them up in a sauce. While some people eat things like that cold, the fat leaves an unpleasant coating in the mouth, IMO.

Hi and welcome to Discuss Cooking [emoji2]

I've eaten them cold before. In fact, if I have them in the fridge, I can't stop snacking on them [emoji38] A traditional sauce is equal parts chili sauce and grape jelly - sweet and savory with a little heat. Pork is great with all kinds of fruits, so another jam or jelly, like cherry or blackberry, would also work. Or a chutney would be nice.

Last edited:
Ohhhhh, I didn't realize that's what it was. A friend made one of those for a Halloween party. She hasn't had a Halloween party in about a decade, so it was a while ago.

Lol, I guess it's not as new as I thought [emoji38]
That friend is very creative. She is a professional handicrafter. She may come up with the idea herself. She is also a HUGE fan of Halloween. They do amazing Halloween decorations, inside and outside their house.

Back
Top Bottom