Hot deviled eggs...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I bought that brand once and it was full of live bugs.:ohmy: How about using wasabi powder?

Yours had extra protein! I don't think it was the brand...probably old. I have that brand but it's just Hungarian, not Hungarian Hot. No bugs in mine, live or dead.

I bought that brand once and it was full of live bugs.:ohmy: How about using wasabi powder?
I've been using that brand for about 25 years and I have never seen any bugs in mine. I think you just got unlucky. I really like the flavour.

I've had this experience with paprika as well and I guess this is the main reason lots of spices are irradiated now.. back to eggs....

I also make a hot deviled eggs - my DH loves them but I try to warn guests before they get a fire bomb in their first bite...

These innocent looking eggs have a hidden secret: sriracha. Make the eggs then invert a sriracha bottle and push the tip into the filling - squeeze. Biting into the egg reveals a the spicy, hot center. The telltale red dot on the top is just a teaser about what's inside...

eggs.jpg

I've had this experience with paprika as well and I guess this is the main reason lots of spices are irradiated now.. back to eggs....

I also make a hot deviled eggs - my DH loves them but I try to warn guests before they get a fire bomb in their first bite...

These innocent looking eggs have a hidden secret: sriracha. Make the eggs then invert a sriracha bottle and push the tip into the filling - squeeze. Biting into the egg reveals a the spicy, hot center. The telltale red dot on the top is just a teaser about what's inside...

View attachment 21539

:clap::punk::clap:

I'm sooooo going to do that!! What a "dynamite" idea!!

Now those creatures could have added an interesting flavor profile to the paprika. :LOL:

Just think you could have marketed it and be rich now. ;)

Now that I know of hot paprika I'm going to have to find it now. :yum:

Janet H,
Those eggs are way too pretty to eat. :rolleyes:
But I'd scarf down plenty of them. :pig:
Sriracha isn't my favorite hot sauce but I love the idea and I'm sure I can find a hot sauce to use.
Consider your idea stolen. :whistling

This looks tasty. :yum:

Never had Keen's but Colman's is on the hotter side of the dry mustards I've used. Good stuff. :)

Horseradish powder sounds like a great idea. I'm going to use that one.

And rather then a sprinkle of paprika I think I'd use cayenne powder or perhaps a mixture of both. :chef:

I don't make deviled eggs very often because I love them so much that when I do I end up eating most of them while I'm making them. :pig:

Aha! I am not alone. :angel:

View attachment 21539

What a great idea! Thanks Janet!

Aha! I am not alone. :angel:

I'm sure there are many hidden deviled egg scarfers. :LOL:

Maybe we should start a support group? ;)

Besides something needs to be done with "all" those eggs that don't peel perfectly. We sure can't present them to our guests. :whistling

Besides something needs to be done with "all" those eggs that don't peel perfectly. We sure can't present them to our guests. :whistling

I buy two dozen eggs every month. I sometimes will hard boil about six and leave them in the fridge for snacking. Sometimes I even plan to pickle them. They last for about two days. Salt shaker in hand, and a hard boil egg. I am one happy customer.

I buy two dozen eggs every month. I sometimes will hard boil about six and leave them in the fridge for snacking. Sometimes I even plan to pickle them. They last for about two days. Salt shaker in hand, and a hard boil egg. I am one happy customer.

Oh now I know we need a support group. :LOL:

I always hard cook extra eggs to have around for tossing into salads and such. I'll also toss them into pickled beet juice for pickled eggs. That's if they last past the salt shaker in hand. Toss on some cayenne pepper and I'm a very happy person. :yum:

Now do you folks see why some of us don't make deviled eggs?

We have a problem and we need help. ;)

Waff ebblid egth??:pig:

(What Deviled Eggs?)

When I make deviled eggs, I use a Ziplock bag with a corner cut off as a piping bag to fill the whites. There's always extra filling so I just pipe it into the nearest opening (mouth). After all, waste not want not.

When I make deviled eggs, I use a Ziplock bag with a corner cut off as a piping bag to fill the whites. There's always extra filling so I just pipe it into the nearest opening (mouth). After all, waste not want not.

And if there is still any left over, there is always my mouth. Open wide like a baby birdie! :angel:

View attachment 21539

I used Janet's idea yesterday for the Sriracha Bombs.......oh my gosh they were fantabulous although they didn't look as pretty as hers. Steve and I had fun passing the bottle. ;)

Thanks for trying them and letting us know your results, Kay! Will try - I love a spicy kick to eggs. :)

Yes. There is a wide range of devil-ness. :LOL: Anything from the commonly used mustard which is naturally spicy, to the super spicy additives. :) I was just commenting that the addition of the sriracha sounded good to me.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom