How do YOU make nachos?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For nachos, I use refries, taco meat, on top of corn tortilla chips, put the chips on a baking sheet in a single layer, top with spoonfuls of the refries and taco meat. Add shredded Pepper Jack and mild cheddar mix. Bake at 350° until cheese is melted. Then guests are allowed to add whatever toppings they like, shredded lettuce, salsa, pico de gallo, black olives, green onions, tomatoes sour cream, jalapeños, the kitchen sink...

princess, that sounds just wonderful. i baby sat my oldest granddaughter til she was three. every single day she wanted nachos for lunch. i used chips and fresh salsa , then cheese , melted in micro. she had no clue, she was getting lots of veggies.

princess, that sounds just wonderful. i baby sat my oldest granddaughter til she was three. every single day she wanted nachos for lunch. i used chips and fresh salsa , then cheese , melted in micro. she had no clue, she was getting lots of veggies.

:) If'n you do it right, it's not junk food! Thanks, Babe!

I just LOVE nachos, but with all the salt and my too high blood pressure, I just can't do it any more. Dang it!!

I take lisinopril for that :LOL: Interestingly enough is that Lisinopril was derived from rain forest snake venom.
I'd always heard of the potential for helpful drugs derived from the rain forest, this is one.

Also it's dirt cheap to make.

Last edited:
darn, i wish i saw this thread this past weekend for the super bowl. lots of great ideas.

we ended up doing baked tortilla chips topped with refried and black beans, cheddar and jack cheeses, then baked until melty.

then it was topped with chopped prosciutto, green onions, tomatoes, pickled jalaepenos, sour cream, and cilantro. side of guacamole and salsa for extra piling on.

I take lisinopril for that :LOL: Interestingly enough is that Lisinopril was derived from rain forest snake venom.
I'd always heard of the potential for helpful drugs derived from the rain forest, this is one.

Also it's dirt cheap to make.

It's one of those medications Shrek gets for free on Medicare. It costs them more to mail a 3 month supply than the medication costs. But that's okay, his Gila Monster Spit (Byetta) makes up for it.

Back
Top Bottom