How to make ro-tel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

abjcooking

Head Chef
Can anyone help me out please :?: I am getting ready to head to the grocery store. Nobody up here has ro-tel and so I was wanting to make some to put into some velveta cheese for a dip. Does anybody have an idea on how to make ro-tel so that it is fairly close to the canned kind, or can anyone help me out with just the ingredients?????
Thanks

According to their web site, www.ro-tel.com it's nothing mre than tomato and chiles for the original recipe. Probably has a bit of salt tossed in as well.

Pick up some good quality canned whole tomatoes and some fresh cihiles such as jalapenos, or serranos and experiment.[/url]

Brooksy, besides the salsa version here are the other versions I have seen.

Rotel Velveeta Dip

Ingredients:
1 lb. Velveeta Cheese cut into squares
1 can Rotel Tomatoes with Chili Peppers

Preparation Instructions:
Combine ingredients; place over low heat until cheese melts. Serve hot
with chips.

TACO DIP

1 lb. Velveeta cheese
1 can Ro-tel tomatoes
1 lb. hamburger
1 pkg. taco seasoning

Melt cheese in a double boiler or nonstick pan with the juice from the Ro-tel tomatoes. Chop tomatoes very finely and add to cheese. Let simmer 15 minutes. Cook hamburger until light brown, drain excess grease. Add 3/4 cup water and 1/2 package taco seasoning. let simmer for 1/2 hour, then add cheese mixture to hamburger and let simmer 1/2 hour, stirring occasionally. Can be used as a dip for Doritoes or topping for burritoes or tacos. Use your imagination and taste

Thanks Sierra, much appreciated.

I think an OMG is called for.

Copied & pasted.

Would you believe I trapsed all over Woolies & couldn't find any Velveeta anywhere. No Romano cheese either! :cry:
I'll have to look further afield.

I ended up 1 up on MDW because I found the split peas for the "End of Ham Soup" that she couldn'r find. :LOL:

Thanks for all your replies. I was so short on time I just ended up using a pre-made chili con queso dip. I am still going to try to play around with the tomatoes and chilie's to see if I can come close to matching it.

Back
Top Bottom