Hummus Help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Did you rinse the beans thoroughly?
What exactly does it taste like (what part of it is bad?)
Is it the texture?
Interesting that you say to rinse because my recipe specifically says to only drain off 1/3 of the water and pour it all in. I do this and I really like the flavor.

You really have to watch the amount of Tahini paste. I would suggest adding it to taste rather than by X cup. I start with 2 tablespoons and have never exceeded 4 tablespoons. I read one recipe recently and it was 1 can of chickpeas and 3/4 cup of Tahini, too much because that's basically a 1 to 1 ratio of chickpeas to Tahini depending on can size. The recipe didn't exactly give what size can should be used. If it's an average size can 12 ounces and you put 3/4 cup of Tahini, that's just too much.

Robo's recipe looks right on the tahini to chickpea ratio. I would try that recipe in a heartbeat. Looks really good Robo.

I am new to making hummus but after my second try I think that I got right. I cooked my own chickpeas, soaked then cooked a long time.

Used the juice from the beans with lemon and Tahini to make a creamy emulsion with a stick blender. Added that to the choped chickpeas and garlic.

Back
Top Bottom