ISO Kicked Up PIGS IN A BLANKET ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GrillingFool

Head Chef
We are going to a Dumpling Party Saturday.
A group of Asian co-workers of my wife are getting together to make a few dozen "Chinese" dumplings. (We went last year... oh boy yum!)

Along with my homemade kimchi, I thought it would be cute to bring some
"American" dumplings... so kind of as a joke I am gonna make some Pigs in a Blanket. Yeah, I know they aren't dumplings, but they are quintessential American finger food, so...

But I want to jazz a few up... Add some cheese, maybe some BBQ sauce, etc
to them.

Got any wild ideas?

Edit to add...
Two of my ideas so far are:

Pepperoni and Jack Cheese In A Blankets
Seeded Jalapeno & Cheese in A Blankets...

We are going to a Dumpling Party Saturday.
A group of Asian co-workers of my wife are getting together to make a few dozen "Chinese" dumplings. (We went last year... oh boy yum!)

Along with my homemade kimchi, I thought it would be cute to bring some
"American" dumplings... so kind of as a joke I am gonna make some Pigs in a Blanket. Yeah, I know they aren't dumplings, but they are quintessential American finger food, so...

But I want to jazz a few up... Add some cheese, maybe some BBQ sauce, etc
to them.

Got any wild ideas?

Edit to add...
Two of my ideas so far are:

Pepperoni and Jack Cheese In A Blankets
Seeded Jalapeno & Cheese in A Blankets...

To make it American, how about a bit of steak, cheese and onion, a la Philly cheese steak? Or ground beef and cheese, like a cheeseburger? HTH.

Use the pilsbury cresent rolls (it's what my mom always used) and knead (gently) in some rosemary or sage, a sprinkle of parmasean wrap the cresent roll around a slice of cooked italian sausage with the seasoned side out. The cheese melts into the rolls making a delicious crust and it looks beautiful.

All the ideas sound great! I love these things.

But IMO, the most "American" pigs in a blanket are just the lil wiener hot dogs rolled up in the crescent rolls, baked and served with a bowl of mustard to dip. Or maybe that mustard-relish mix.

I like the mini cheddar dogs in there, too.

(You lucky dog, GF - a Chinese dumpling party! How cool! Take pictures, get recipes!)

Lee

I've used cocktail sausages together with Jalapeno Jack and wrapped them in Crescent rolls, just adding some meat to your second idea. Really easy.

Back
Top Bottom