"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Appetizers & Hors D'oeuvres
Old 02-24-2006, 09:03 PM   #21
Contest Winner
Originally Posted by grehare
Wow.. this is a great site. I have found other Kimchee lovers!!! I have been trying to find a recipe book just on Kimchee. I saw one in a discount book catalog but, have misplaced the catalog. Does anyone know of the book I am talking about?

I use Kimchee with most any and everything. Eggs, eggsalad, tuna salad and I love it with any pork dish.. it's a great change from saurkraut.

Someone mentioned a soup using it, could you share that recipe? I love making soups.
My first post on this website was about kimchi... here is the thread

I made my own kimchi and it turned out so well! I was so proud... hehe.. first time I ever attempted it and it worked out fantastically!

As for the recipe books, could this be it? or maybe it is this one?

grumblebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 09:12 PM   #22
Assistant Cook
Send a message via MSN to grehare Send a message via Yahoo to grehare
Thanks grumblebee. I have saved your link and am going to give your recipe a try. I made some a few months back that turned out sooo hot( I like hottt food)this was too hot for me, lol.. I was thinking it could have taken the paint off the woodwork. I ended up dumping it.

grehare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 11:52 AM   #23
Master Chef
I have the first cookbook you listed and it's pretty good.

Kimchi is all about the authenticity of the ingredients, IMO. I have since found a source for Korean fish sauce which has improved my kimchi quite a bit. But recnetly have not been able to get Korean hot pepper.

So have been buying kimchi. Not all that bad.
jennyema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 02:05 PM   #24
Assistant Cook
Send a message via MSN to grehare Send a message via Yahoo to grehare
grumblebee, thanks for the names of those cookbooks. The one I was talking about was from the discount cataloge Fred something(I can't remember the last name) and all I remember was seeing a title with Kimchee in it and that the book was all about making kimchee. I am going to check out the first book you mentioned.

Thanks jennyema for seconding the first book.

grehare is offline   Reply With Quote