Layered Guacamole:rec

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
This is so good, we tried it out today and will be having some for Ethans birthday party next monday..
4-ripe avocados, mashed
1/2-c. sour cream
2-3 drops Tabasco- more depends on how much heat you'd like
2-cloves crushed garlic
salt to taste
1/4-c. fresh lemon juice
4-oz. grated cheddar
4-oz. grated monterey jack
4-med tomatoes, diced
1/2-c. sliced green onions
3/4-c. sliced pitted black olives
3/4-c. sour cream
1-c. salsa
1/4-c chopped fresh cilantro
tortilla chips
combine avocados, with the 1/2-c sour cream,tabasco,garlic,salt, and lemon juice.On a serving platter, layer ingredients in this order: avocado mix, cheeses,tomatoes,onions,olives,sour cream,salsa,cilantro. Serve with the chips..
enjoy,
kadesma:LOL:

BreezyCooking said:
I LOVE Guacamole!! Thanks for this new twist on it.
You're welcome Breezy, I love it like this, makes me want to use a fork instead of chips:LOL:

kadesma

It does sound delicious. I'll make it when I have enough here to help me eat it. I also need a fork when we have guacamole. I'm glad the fat in it is good or I just couldn't justify how much I like it.

licia said:
It does sound delicious. I'll make it when I have enough here to help me eat it. I also need a fork when we have guacamole. I'm glad the fat in it is good or I just couldn't justify how much I like it.
It is good licia, I bet you'll have enough pals during the summer come visit and you can each grab a fork and have some fun :LOL: Then just go for a short stroll as the sun sets and you're walking it off:)
kadesma

pdswife said:
Sounds like something I'll have to make for the next bbq! Thanks!!!
You're welcome:) Hope you like it if you get a chance to try it.

kadesma

texasgirl said:
YUMMY!! Sounds really good. So, where is jkath at. Wait until she sees this.
Thanks Texas:)
I bet jkath has already thought of this one, she loves her avocados:LOL:

kadesma

texasgirl said:
YUMMY!! Sounds really good. So, where is jkath at. Wait until she sees this.

Do I smell guacamole?:rolleyes:

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, kadesma! Yum!
I've actually made a very similar version of this one, using pepper jack. However, I never thought to put cilantro into it - brilliant!

jkath said:
Do I smell guacamole?:rolleyes:

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, kadesma! Yum!
I've actually made a very similar version of this one, using pepper jack. However, I never thought to put cilantro into it - brilliant!
jkath,
this is similar to a 7 layer dip with the beans and all, but, I prefer this it's a little lighter and for me tastier..I do like the idea of the pepper jack cheese, that will make it a little zippy..will try that next time. Thanks for the idea.

kadesma:)

Back
Top Bottom