Looking for hummus variation recipes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You could also break away from using the typical chickpeas and use white beans (with garlic, yumm!) or black beans (cilantro w/lemon juice).

While my wife makes regular humus, often with garlic, I do make just that, and sometimes with some basil leaves chopped on the top.

Sent from my iPad using Discuss Cooking

I make hummus all the time. I taught the lads how to make hummus with chick peas, lime juice, garlic, tahini, sesame oil, roasted red pepper, smoked paprika, and lime zest. It was excellent. We just throw everything in the FB, taste, and go from there. I like to add black olives and jalapeno pepper....served with veggies or homemade pita.

I make hummus all the time. I taught the lads how to make hummus with chick peas, lime juice, garlic, tahini, sesame oil, roasted red pepper, smoked paprika, and lime zest. It was excellent. We just throw everything in the FB, taste, and go from there. I like to add black olives and jalapeno pepper....served with veggies or homemade pita.
FB? Did you mean food processor?

I almost always put black olives, usually Kalamata in my hummus. It really kicks up the flavour. Unfortunately, it tends to make the hummus a bit grey.

I did mean food processor. I do like to add cayenne EVOO and meyer lemon EVOO or Persian Lime EVOO. Not all of the EVOO, but some of it. And I prefer lime juice to lemon juice. Hint TL--use the black (brown) chickpeas when you want to add olives...or, add the olives after you mix up the hummus so they are not whipped around in the FP.

I did mean food processor. I do like to add cayenne EVOO and meyer lemon EVOO or Persian Lime EVOO. Not all of the EVOO, but some of it. And I prefer lime juice to lemon juice. Hint TL--use the black (brown) chickpeas when you want to add olives...or, add the olives after you mix up the hummus so they are not whipped around in the FP.
Oh yeah, black chickpeas would be the perfect way to hide that grey. Thanks.

when I make hummus I always put a pinch or three of cayenne in it.

Pickled jalapeños are also a nice addition.

Having good EVOO and cayenne on hand is more versatile...
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I don't want a bunch of different bottles of EVOO going off because they didn't get used enough. One could always add some cayenne to some EVOO the day ahead.

Back
Top Bottom