Mango Salsa!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ABmtroyal9

Assistant Cook
Here is a quick and easy mango salsa recipe!

You will need:
1 (14.5 ounce) can whole peeled tomatoes, drained
1/4 cup chopped red onion
1/4 cup chopped onion
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded
1 tablespoon cider vinegar
1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
1 clove garlic, peeled
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 fresh mango cubed chunks or to personal preference

Directions:
In a food processor, combine all ingredients; cover and process until chunky. Transfer to a small bowl.
But remember you can always alter how spicy you want your salsa!

ENJOY!

Tropical Fruit Salsa: Nice Mango Salsa Posting

Firstly, thanks for the post ... I prepare a blackened plaice ( any firm white fish available in your region ) with a Tropical Fruit Salsa which is a bit different ...

1 medium mango peeled and chopped
1 small ripe papaya peeled, deseeded and chopped
2 tblps red onion minced
2 tblsps fresh squeezed orange juice
1 tblsp chopped fresh cilantro
1 tblsp fresh Lime juice
1 1/2 tsps chopped fresh mint

For the blackening of the fish:
1/4 cup smoked Spanish paprika La Vera
2 tblsps black pepper
2 tblsps kosher salt
2 tblsps white pepper
2 tblsps garlic powder
2 tblps onion powder
2 1/2 tsps cayenne ground or flakes
2 1/2 tsps dried thyme
1 tblsp ground mustard

The salsa: combine all the tropical fruits, onion, orange juice, lime juice, cilantro and mint and toss lightly, cover and set aside ...

The spice rub: combine the spices in a small bowl. Transfer 2 tbslps spice rub onto a large platter and store remaining spice rub in an air tight container for future use.

Prepare fish:

dip the fish into the platter of spice rub and press lightly into mixture. Remove and shake off excess.

Prepare sauté skillet with extra virgin olive and sauté fish 2 to 3 minutes until it forms a crust on the fish and then, turn over and repeat same.

Squeeze a drizzle of lime or lemon and serve with salsa .

Thanks for post, Kind regards.
Margi Cintrano

Is Cosco a Supplier in the USA ?

I am based in Europe and make my own Mango Salsa which is actually a recipe from a Chef, Caterer and Friend of mine many years who resides in Mexico which when I had lived in Mexico and studied for 2 years, was given to me, while taking a Mexican Culinary Course.

Is wonderful with blackened fish ... or chicken should one prefer and / or Prawns or shrimp blackened and grilled.

It is quite delightful on a warm summer evening ...

Margaux Cintrano.

Last edited:
Another fan of fruit salsa (over grilled fish, fish tacos, etc.). A variation I like is made with strawberries, avocado, red onion, lime juice, cilantro, salt & pepper. Thank you for sharing your recipes.

I am based in Europe and make my own Mango Salsa which is actually a recipe from a Chef, Caterer and Friend of mine many years who resides in Mexico which when I had lived in Mexico and studied for 2 years, was given to me, while taking a Mexican Culinary Course.

Is wonderful with blackened fish ... or chicken should one prefer and / or Prawns or shrimp blackened and grilled.

It is quite delightful on a warm summer evening ...

Margaux Cintrano.

Costco is a Club Store .

Good Morning,

I am about to begin our lengthy Sunday Mediterranean lunch ritual ... Thanks for message. Pleased you like the Tropical fruit salsa --- this is lovely on warm day, I assure u ... and u can adjust to ur palate.

Have nice day and thanx,
Margi.

Back
Top Bottom