Mozzarella Stuffed Mushrooms

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
25 fresh mushrooms
1 clove garlic, minced
¼ cup bread crumbs
¼ cup grated mozzarella cheese

3 tablespoons parm cheese1/3 cup butter
1 teaspoon parsley
¼ teaspoon salt

Preheat to 450º.

Remove stems from mushrooms. Combine garlic, bread crumbs, cheeses, butter, parsley and salt in bowl. Stuff mushrooms with mixture. Put on ungreased sheet. Bake 10 - 15 minutes.

I think I might use asiago. Also, I would mince the mushroom stems, saute them with a bit of olive oil and add to the bread crumbs.
And whoa--why so much butter!!! I can't do that!! ;o)

Have you made this as yet?

Nice!
I do a similar thing myself only I add a crushed dried chili to the mix and use the large Steak Mushrooms, they`re open cup and bigger than your hand.
never used Mozzeralla tho...

and I just happen to have an unopend pack of that in the fridge, I`ll wait until Tuesday (the Veg market`s on then) and have a go at that recipe.

Thnx! :)

Yes, I'd like the chevre too. But I am still stumped about the amount of butter.
Also, when I stuff mushrooms, I like to very lightly saute the caps in some butter or oil before stuffing them. They seem to stay moister through the final baking process.

Candocook said:
I think I might use asiago. Also, I would mince the mushroom stems, saute them with a bit of olive oil and add to the bread crumbs.
And whoa--why so much butter!!! I can't do that!! ;o)

Have you made this as yet?

Asiago...yeah buddy!
Mince the stems...yeah buddy!

I've made all sorts of stuffed mushrooms, and they were always pretty good, but there was also always something didn't quite taste good to me.
Finally, I read somewhere, that it's best to saute your mushrooms in olive oil or a bit of butter a bit before stuffing them.
I tried that, using just enough olive oil to cover the bottom of the saute pan, and a couple of tbl of butter. It only took a few minutes, and it really made a difference in the taste. I didn't get that raw mushroom taste that I usually get from stuffed shrooms.

Just a tip...you might want to give it a try.

Constance - I too used to have a problem with the mushroom bases not cooking enough. I solved it by blanching them first for about 5-10 minutes in boiling water, then draining them cap side down on paper towels. The bonus is that the leftover water is terrific added to stock for vegetable soup!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom