"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Appetizers & Hors D'oeuvres
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 05-16-2011, 04:06 PM   #1
Chef Extraordinaire
 
kadesma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: california
Posts: 21,373
Mushroom Yummies TNT

Easy to make and then put in the freezer pull them out brush with melted butter and bake, So nice when company drops in to visit.
Pre heat oven to 4oo. Saute 1 lb. finely chopped mushroom, in 1/2 c. butter for 5 min. Remove from heat and cool slightly. Add 6 Tab. flour and blend well then add 1-1/2 tea. salt. Stir in cream and cook stirring constantly til thick. Add 2 tea. fresh lemon juice and onion powder about 1 tea. now cool. Remove the crusts from 1-1////2 loaves sliced white bread and roll the bread thin with a rolling pin. put some of your mushroom mixture on the bread and roll up. Place seam side down on baking sheet. Place sheet in freezer for at least 10 min. Cut rolls into 3 pieces brush with melted butter and bake 15-20 min. These taste great with drinks or even beer or ice tea.
Enjoy
kadesma

__________________

__________________
HEAVEN is Cade, Ethan,Carson, and Olivia,Alyssa,Gianna
kadesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 01:12 AM   #2
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,305
Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma View Post
Easy to make and then put in the freezer pull them out brush with melted butter and bake, So nice when company drops in to visit.
Pre heat oven to 4oo. Saute 1 lb. finely chopped mushroom, in 1/2 c. butter for 5 min. Remove from heat and cool slightly. Add 6 Tab. flour and blend well then add 1-1/2 tea. salt. Stir in cream and cook stirring constantly til thick. Add 2 tea. fresh lemon juice and onion powder about 1 tea. now cool. Remove the crusts from 1-1////2 loaves sliced white bread and roll the bread thin with a rolling pin. put some of your mushroom mixture on the bread and roll up. Place seam side down on baking sheet. Place sheet in freezer for at least 10 min. Cut rolls into 3 pieces brush with melted butter and bake 15-20 min. These taste great with drinks or even beer or ice tea.
Enjoy
kadesma
I wasn't hungry! Now I am!
__________________

__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 02:50 AM   #3
Chef Extraordinaire
 
kadesma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: california
Posts: 21,373
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
I wasn't hungry! Now I am!
I love these and can put away a few all by my self. YUM
kades
__________________
HEAVEN is Cade, Ethan,Carson, and Olivia,Alyssa,Gianna
kadesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 03:43 AM   #4
Cook
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Uk
Posts: 66
It sounds really simple for party food or something but could you use very tiny diced onion instead of onion powder?
__________________
SadieBaby. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 11:24 AM   #5
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,305
Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma View Post
I love these and can put away a few all by my self. YUM
kades
I thought that was a recipe for one serving
__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 11:24 AM   #6
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,305
Quote:
Originally Posted by SadieBaby. View Post
It sounds really simple for party food or something but could you use very tiny diced onion instead of onion powder?
I'm sure you could.
__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 11:24 AM   #7
Chef Extraordinaire
 
kadesma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: california
Posts: 21,373
Quote:
Originally Posted by SadieBaby. View Post
It sounds really simple for party food or something but could you use very tiny diced onion instead of onion powder?
Sadie,
I've used very finely chopped onion you can even grate it.Onion powder is ok but I prefer the real thing.
kadesma
__________________
HEAVEN is Cade, Ethan,Carson, and Olivia,Alyssa,Gianna
kadesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 12:45 PM   #8
Chef Extraordinaire
 
kadesma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: california
Posts: 21,373
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
I thought that was a recipe for one serving
I hate to tell on myself , but it is one serving All it makes is 7-8 doz.
kades
__________________
HEAVEN is Cade, Ethan,Carson, and Olivia,Alyssa,Gianna
kadesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 03:33 PM   #9
Chef Extraordinaire
 
taxlady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: near Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Posts: 18,893
Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Do you think it would work with whole grain bread? No white bread in my house, ever.
__________________
May you live as long as you wish and love as long as you live.
Robert A. Heinlein
taxlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 04:09 PM   #10
Chef Extraordinaire
 
kadesma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: california
Posts: 21,373
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
Do you think it would work with whole grain bread? No white bread in my house, ever.
Any bread will work as long as it can be flattened with a rolling pin.
kadesma
__________________

__________________
HEAVEN is Cade, Ethan,Carson, and Olivia,Alyssa,Gianna
kadesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
None

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.