Onion Bowls With Artichoke Dip

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mish

Washing Up
Onion Bowls With Artichoke Dip

24 jumbo yellow onions
3 Qt. Prepared marinated artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
1-1/2 Qt. Mayonnaise or salad dressing
1/3 Cup Fresh lemon juice
1 tsp. Cayenne pepper
3 Cups Shredded parmesan cheese

Peel and cut off top 1 inch and bottom root from each onion. Cut and scoop out centers of onions, leaving about 1/2 inch thickness along sides and bottom of each onion.

Reserve 4 C chopped onion centers. Steam onion on full power until softened but holding shape, about 5 minutes. Steam chopped onion centers 2-3 minutes.

Blend artichokes, mayonnaise, chopped onion, lemon juice, and cayenne pepper. Fill Onion Bowls with dip. Portion about 2/3-C dip into each onion, mounding slightly. Sprinkle each onion top with 2 T parmesan cheese, covering dip.

Bake at 400 degrees F 15 minutes or until cheese melts and browns slightly.

Serve hot onions with fresh vegetable crudités and bread.

Yum, Mish! This looks delicious, anything with artichokes in it grabs my attention.

Copied and saved to try soon. Thanks for sharing it.:chef:

Bellacucina (pretty name), I'm partial to artichokes as well. Since it calls for a bunch of onions, I'd scale it down for a few & work on the dip first. (Noticed a few great recipes here I want to double back & check out.) Wanted to show the pic, as I think it would make a nice party dish. (But I want my own onion :) ) BTW, like your pumpkin avatar.

bowl.jpg

This looks so good Mish! It is unusual and it sounds delicious. I had never thought about using onions that way. I'll bet a lot of variations of this would be good as well.

:) Barbara

Barbara L said:
This looks so good Mish! It is unusual and it sounds delicious. I had never thought about using onions that way. I'll bet a lot of variations of this would be good as well.

:) Barbara

Thank you Barbara. You gave me some more ideas (new & old). How about onion dip in an onion bowl - or guacamole (surrounded with nachos). A Thanksgiving (turkey) side - fill the onion bowl with stuffing (apples, raisins, nuts) - An onion custard filling - use to have a recipe. Will see if I can find it. Thank you Robo & bella :)

Back
Top Bottom