Pan Popped Popcorn

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

purple.alien.giraffe

Executive Chef
Not a recipe, but wanted to share that cooking popcorn on the stove top in a little rendered bacon fat tastes awesome! It doesn't taste like bacon flavored popcorn, more like popcorn with a mild smokey, bacony flavor. It's just a hint of it, but it's really good.

What a good idea! Thanks PAG! I have a big can of bacon fat and a bag of popcorn kernals.

Last edited:
For some dumb reason I don't remember, I told myself I was giving up bacon after Tomato ( BLT) season. Well, so far I haven't done so. Still no bacon in the house right now. I did pause a minute, get out of my chair, and go look in the freezer and my little container of bacon fat is half full. Whew.

And there's football on the tv tomorrow afternoon. Perfect.

Ooh that sounds good. I am more of a chicken far person though..will try it with chicken one day. Sounds better than the usual oil

It's bacon, so it has to be good. What a great idea. I will need to try this sometime.

I got a package of bacon yesterday to make some bacon wrapped shrimp last night. I didn't look at the price until I got to the checkout. You know I spent $7.49!!! Unbelievable!
I used the leftover bacon for an omelette this morning. At least I got two meals out of it.

Not a recipe, but wanted to share that cooking popcorn on the stove top in a little rendered bacon fat tastes awesome! It doesn't taste like bacon flavored popcorn, more like popcorn with a mild smokey, bacony flavor. It's just a hint of it, but it's really good.

That sounds soooo good! Yum. Missed ya Pag :( My Purple sister from another bister :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom