Peanut butter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love peanut butter! I just bought some organic, freshly-made cashew butter though, to try something different. It tastes pretty good, but it doesn't "melt" on my toast the way PB (from Jif!) does. As much as I love cashews, it's hard to give up my Jif.

As much as I love cashews, it's hard to give up my Jif.

Read the ingredients on the jar. That should do it!

ROASTED PEANUTS, SUGAR, MOLASSES, PARTIALLY HYDROGENATED VEGETABLE OIL (SOYBEAN), FULLY HYDROGENATED VEGETABLE OILS (RAPESEED AND SOYBEAN), MONO- AND DIGLYCERIDES AND SALT

Better things for better living, through chemistry.

peanut butter memories

When our kids (5 of 'em)were teenagers, we bought our peanut butter by the 35# buckets, that we'd get over at Koeze's in Grand Rapids. They'd grind it out while you waited. Great stuff.
they loved peanut butter mixed with honey (which we bought by the 30 # tin), and just eat it with a spoon out of a bowl.
I loved making a peanut butter bread back then, that also had peanuts on the bottom in a glaze so that when turned out, it was all sticky and yummy.
Of course, everyone loves those no-bake peanut butter, oatmeal, cocoa drop cookies, and my kids made them by the dozens. Great for hurry up desserts to take to the bakesale at school.
When Jimmy Carter was inaugurated, we celebrated with peanut butter soup.(African recipe)
My kids would roll on the floor giggling when I did the routine of "The 3 ways to get peanut butter off the roof of your mouth"

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom