Pepper Jelly!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chiklitmanfan

Senior Cook
Rheesa, our sweet across-the-street neighbor, drops by at least once a week to gift us with samples of her baked goods, jellies, and other scrumptious offerings. She always worries about how they taste but this woman has a talent in the kitchen she's afraid to admit to.

This week, she dropped off a sample of her pepper jelly, confessing it was the first time she ever made it and asked us for our opinion.

I've tried several so-called 'gourmet' pepper jellies and Rheesa's was by far and away the BEST I have ever had. She used her own home-grown jalapenos and perfected just the right ratio of sweetness to heat the first time out.

Spread over a block of cream cheese or simply put on crackers it is a favorite appetizer of ours.

Attachments

• pepper jelly.jpg
    pepper jelly.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 297
I LOVE pepper Jelly. You are fortunate to have a friend that shares :)

My mom used to make cheese cake and then top it with a jar of pepper jelly - it was a fabulous dessert.

What a nice neighbor, chicklitmanfan! :) Looks fabulous!

Janet, I could definitely go for pepper jelly on a cheesecake. :ohmy::yum:

DH always buys some strawberry pepper jelly. That stuff is EXPENSIVE, need to learn how to make it. Anyone have a recipe for one?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Discuss Cooking mobile app

DH always buys some strawberry pepper jelly. That stuff is EXPENSIVE, need to learn how to make it. Anyone have a recipe for one?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Discuss Cooking mobile app

I would just use a regular pepper jelly recipe, and sub part of it with pureed and strained strawberries. I've never heard of strawberry pepper jelly, sounds nice!

Back
Top Bottom