Pita After School Snacks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Addie

Chef Extraordinaire
When my kids were small, I would slice pita bread into 1" slices. Then I would separate the slices. I have always had a Fry Dadddy for quick dishes. I would them take the slices and drop them into the Fry Daddy. You have to stay right there. Remove them just as they start to brown, drain on brown paper or rack. When cool, place in a bag, and cover with 10X sugar, shake like you would like to shake your husbance somtimes. I used to keep them in a basket with a paper towel or a couple of napkins on the bottom, in the middle of the kitchen table. Each batch never lasted more than a day.

Do not sugar them before they are cool or the sugar will melt and they will become sticky.

If you don't use the whole packet of pita breads, you can always use them for pocket sammies. :angel:

:excl::excl: Warning! These are addictive! :nuke::nuke:

Pita is versatile! You can also cut them up into chip size, spray/brush with olive oil and sprinkle with garlic powder and roast until nicely browned and crisp. They are a good alternative to crackers for dips and just for snacking.

Pita is versatile! You can also cut them up into chip size, spray/brush with olive oil and sprinkle with garlic powder and roast until nicely browned and crisp. They are a good alternative to crackers for dips and just for snacking.

Mix some Italian herbs with that. I need to find some quick and easy snacks for when I don't feel like cooking. I hate paying the prices for even the crackers I like. $2.50 for a very small amount of Keebler's Butter Crisps. And not even looking at the additives in them.

Pita added to my grocery list. Thanks Andy. A True Blue DC member. Always looking out for others. And a Yankee and Red Sox fan. They don't come any better than that. :angel: And one for the grandson. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom