Puff pastry with 3 cheeses

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
This should serve 8-10, but with my group, let's just say 3-4:ROFLMAO:
you will need 1 sheet of puff pastry, rolled thin. Cover while you make your cheese sauce. use 2 tab. butter melted in sauce pan, add 2 tab. flour, cook without browning about 2 min. Add in 1/2 c. milk and stir constantly til thick and smooth, add some fresh grated nutmeg, and let cool.Combine 1/2 c. Gruyere, 1/4.c. crumbled goat cheese, 1/4 c. Gorgonzola or a good blue Mix cheeses with your sauce. Blend well. Now cut your pastry into two circles, one a 6 inch and one a 7 inch. Put the 6 inch on a lightly greased cookie sheet, put some of the cheese sauce in the center,spread it out but not to the edge. top with the 7 inch circle, brush edges with some beaten egg,press to seal edges, brush with a little more beaten egg and continue til all pastry and cheese sauce is used. Bake at 400 for about 10 min then reduce heat to 375-350 and finish baking ot til golden. Place on a wire rack to cool. I use 2 sheets of puff pastry and make a little extra cheese sauce.. We also will cut the circle in half and share them unless the natives are starving:LOL:
Enjoy,
kadesma

Sounds terrific. Is this served in slices as an appie? It might be nice made in a rectangle and served in small squares. Thanks.

Candocook said:
Sounds terrific. Is this served in slices as an appie? It might be nice made in a rectangle and served in small squares. Thanks.
Thank you,
I make them into circles, but usually cut them in half or in quarters..But, I don't see why you couldn't make a rectangle. It would be quicker and great as an appy.

kadesma ;)

Last edited:
"brush with a little more beaten egg and continue til all pastry and cheese sauce is used."

Am I with you here - each appie consists of two circles from one sheet of puff pastry? So one box would make two??

This sounds really decadent and wonderful!

cjs said:
"brush with a little more beaten egg and continue til all pastry and cheese sauce is used."

Am I with you here - each appie consists of two circles from one sheet of puff pastry? So one box would make two??

This sounds really decadent and wonderful!
I usually get four, Plus, I often just make the circles the same size, cheating I know, but ups the room for cutting them out. Depends on just how thin I get the pasty rolled out..I have made them smaller, just using a jelly glass to form the circles.

kadesma

Back
Top Bottom