Salsa - Smooth or Chunky???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

How do you prefer you salsa????

• Chunky

Votes: 16 43.2%
  • Smooth

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • Some where in between

Votes: 15 40.5%

• Total voters

sattie

Washing Up
Note to Mods.... I may not have this in the right place so please move as needed!!! ;)

I love chips and dips! One of my favorite foods in the world. I'm not big on the giant chunks in my salsa/dip. I like a smoother salsa with smaller chunks. What do you folks prefer??? Love to hear what you like!!!!

Additionally.... I like a medium hot salsa. Something with a nice bite, but not so much to numb my taste buds. But a hot that keeps you begging for more!

Amen to that DtB!!! I have done that with jarred salsas. The flavor would be good but just to chunky for me. Blend it up and it's perfect!

I like em both. Chunky and mild for chips or nacho toppings, but I like a smoother spicier salsas for enchiladas or to put on carnitas and carne asada. When I was a little girl my grandma would make a eggs over easy served with shredded beef soaked in a bright VERY spicy red sauce. The contrast of the eggs and the spicy beef is great, she made corn tortillas (of course) and refried beans on the side. YUM.

I like it somewhere in between, but if the coices were only smooth or chunky then I would go chunky every time.

Chunky for dipping, smooth for tacos and such..... unless taco sauce is not considered salsa :huh:

I don't know what you consider smooth, but, I don't like the stuff you get from the packets at Taco Bell and I cannot eat Pace. I have to have smooth, but, with texture, know what I'm saying? lol I usually make my own in the processor though.

Love the chunky stuff. MIL makes some wonderful salsa chunky with just the right amount of heat.

It depends. Sometimes I like a "pico de gallo" type, which is definitely "chunky"; sometimes I prefer something inbetween, with the texture of a fine relish; sometimes I prefer smooth.

It depends on both mood &/or what I'm using it for.

(Oh, & of the commercial brands, Pace is one of our favorites. And they do make both smooth & chunky types. What I do like about their "smooth" variety is that it does still have some texture.)

above all jarred salsa, i prefer one called rojoes. it is fresh in the deli. small pieces and various degrees of heat.

jarred , i love a peach, pineapple one that is sold here, mild heat. i prefer green salsa in jars. small pieces. big chunks not so much.

I prefer chunky salsa,
I buy chunky jar salsa when fresh tomatoes are not in season. When tomatoes are at thier peak I make my home made salsa even chunkier!
I'm definately a pico de gallo kind of guy.:)

Medium to small chunks with a nice kick - not tonsil burning hot but definitely enough Yeee Haaa to make ya beg for more. Only one ready made fits that for my tastebuds but fortunately DH makes an awesome salsa!!!

I don't know what you consider smooth, but, I don't like the stuff you get from the packets at Taco Bell and I cannot eat Pace. I have to have smooth, but, with texture, know what I'm saying? lol I usually make my own in the processor though.
I love a salsa with some substance to it small chunks of onion and avocado, and lots of cilantro, I don't like the kind that runs down your arm after putting it on your chip:LOL: Now if only I could get my tummy to accept food of any type:(
kades

Back
Top Bottom