"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Appetizers & Hors D'oeuvres

Old 12-10-2011, 03:40 PM   #11
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWS4322 View Post
I like this idea--stuffing like sweet peppers!
Those types of racks are for sale by a lot of people. Just google "Jalapeno Grill rack. They're easy to eat this way also. You'll need an apple corer to core the peppers.

This is exactly what I"m having for supper this evening.

Old 12-10-2011, 03:42 PM   #12
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
Those types of racks are for sale by a lot of people. Just google "Jalapeno Grill rack. They're easy to eat this way also. You'll need an apple corer to core the peppers.

This is exactly what I"m having for supper this evening.
Got the apple corer--don't have the grill rack...add that to my shopping list for when I'm in CT next weekend.

Old 12-11-2011, 06:18 AM   #13
Master Chef

I've got one of those holder thingys around here somewhere...........

It only holds eight, but it's shaped like Texas............. got it as a gift, but never used it, as the peppers I normally work with are too large for it...........
Old 12-11-2011, 09:24 AM   #14
Head Chef

Gardeners--I grew 'Mucho Nacho' jalapenos this summer, and they were super! Very large, hot, super-productive, and very early! I make a lot of salsa, and usually, the tomatoes are ready long before the peppers, but not this year.
Old 12-11-2011, 10:47 AM   #15
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparrowgrass View Post
Gardeners--I grew 'Mucho Nacho' jalapenos this summer, and they were super! Very large, hot, super-productive, and very early! I make a lot of salsa, and usually, the tomatoes are ready long before the peppers, but not this year.
Just got my seed catalog. There are a bunch of Super-Sized Jalapeno strains out there now.

After a grilling to remove the skins and then a light smoke, they are absolutely wonderful all by themselves. Packed with vitamins also. Very good for you.

Tags
recipe

Sausage-stuffed abt's SAUSAGE-STUFFED ABT'S 2lb. large, fresh Jalapenos 2 8oz blocks cream cheese(room temp) 1/2 c or more bulk sausage 2 lb bacon thinner the better 1. Slice fresh jalapeno's lengthwise and scrape out the seeds and "ribs" of each half, using a grapefruit spoon. (Wear latex gloves and don't touch your face) 2. Stuff the pepper halves with the mixture. 3. Place a thin layer of sausage on one half of a jalapeno; top with another half. 4. Wrap each jalapeno with a piece of bacon and secure with a toothpick, if necessary. 5. Bake at 250 degrees F for 1 - 1 1/2 hours or until bacon is done. [IMG]http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b174/luckytrim/BATs2.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b174/luckytrim/BATs3.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b174/luckytrim/CWTT11-20-10007.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b174/luckytrim/BATs5.jpg[/IMG] 3 stars 1 reviews