Sausage-stuffed abt's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
SAUSAGE-STUFFED ABT'S

2lb. large, fresh Jalapenos
2 8oz blocks cream cheese(room temp)
1/2 c or more bulk sausage
2 lb bacon thinner the better

1. Slice fresh jalapeno's lengthwise and scrape out the seeds and "ribs" of each half, using a grapefruit spoon. (Wear latex gloves and don't touch your face)
2. Stuff the pepper halves with the mixture.
3. Place a thin layer of sausage on one half of a jalapeno; top with another half.
4. Wrap each jalapeno with a piece of bacon and secure with a toothpick, if necessary.
5. Bake at 250 degrees F for 1 - 1 1/2 hours or until bacon is done.

img_1082015_0_56e93d84a8e714566f99127ed31f0d94.jpg

img_1082015_1_649a68c81902c2815d587ec14ef1fd16.jpg

img_1082015_2_9e7a864a86ab071ad7c3fe736cb1fbf4.jpg

img_1082015_3_0ba666d30788ea45545cc84058cd07c0.jpg

Oh man, those look tasty :chef:

That's a great idea, using sausage instead of Little Smokies. I haven't found those in the stores here. But, sausage not in the casing, that's easy. We make that up ourselves.

Did you use breakfast sausage? Italian? Something else? Wow, possibilities.

Oh man, those look tasty :chef:

That's a great idea, using sausage instead of Little Smokies. I haven't found those in the stores here. But, sausage not in the casing, that's easy. We make that up ourselves.

Did you use breakfast sausage? Italian? Something else? Wow, possibilities.

We use sweet Italian sausage................ but I xcan't imagine any sausage would not work well with this:yum:

Man, those look really good! I love stuffed Jalapenos. I use my cast iron corn stick pans for them. Each pepper lays perfectly in each of the stick indents. If you stuff them from the end, after coring them, you can use a rack like this:

51-fb-mLGbL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Last edited:
Looks really good, LT. They are a big hit around here. I had ABTs for the first time 3-4years ago at a BBQ Competition and fell in love. they are fantastic!

Man, those look really good! I love stuffed Jalapenos. I use my cast iron corn stick pans for them. Each pepper lays perfectly in each of the stick indents. If you stuff them from the end, after coring them, you can use a rack like this:

51-fb-mLGbL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I like this idea--stuffing like sweet peppers!

I like this idea--stuffing like sweet peppers!

Those types of racks are for sale by a lot of people. Just google "Jalapeno Grill rack. They're easy to eat this way also. You'll need an apple corer to core the peppers.

This is exactly what I"m having for supper this evening.

Those types of racks are for sale by a lot of people. Just google "Jalapeno Grill rack. They're easy to eat this way also. You'll need an apple corer to core the peppers.

This is exactly what I"m having for supper this evening.
Got the apple corer--don't have the grill rack...add that to my shopping list for when I'm in CT next weekend.

I've got one of those holder thingys around here somewhere...........

It only holds eight, but it's shaped like Texas............. got it as a gift, but never used it, as the peppers I normally work with are too large for it...........

Gardeners--I grew 'Mucho Nacho' jalapenos this summer, and they were super! Very large, hot, super-productive, and very early! I make a lot of salsa, and usually, the tomatoes are ready long before the peppers, but not this year.

Gardeners--I grew 'Mucho Nacho' jalapenos this summer, and they were super! Very large, hot, super-productive, and very early! I make a lot of salsa, and usually, the tomatoes are ready long before the peppers, but not this year.

Just got my seed catalog. There are a bunch of Super-Sized Jalapeno strains out there now.

After a grilling to remove the skins and then a light smoke, they are absolutely wonderful all by themselves. Packed with vitamins also. Very good for you.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom