'Smoked' Deviled Eggs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ask-A-Butcher

Senior Cook
This is a slight twist on the old favorite, Deviled Eggs. Not overly smoky, but you know it's there ;)

After boiling and peeling the eggs, I'll take a few to the cooker. For a dozen eggs, I'll smoke three...for 18, smoke 4-5 and for two dozen, six, etc.

The ones shown have been smoked for an hour at 220° with some pecan and maple. You could use hickory or oak for a stronger smoke taste. I've coated the eggs with olive oil and some bbq rub.

20210417_8ccf807804_o.jpg

I've split ALL the 'unsmoked' hard boiled eggs and put the yolks into a bowl.

img_545737_1_563bd51c92047fde206ea13abce2d258.jpg

I've finely chopped up completely the whole 'smoked' eggs, yolks and whites, and mixed in with the yolks from the other eggs.

img_545737_2_d76307cc988b42c5e0f9c76b2e9aa8a3.jpg

Okay, now you can let your imagination run wild or you can follow Grandma's recipe, whatever you like :-p For the ones below I have mixed in some bbq rub, garlic powder, pepper, chili powder, sweet pickle relish, horseradish, Ranch dressing, mayonnaise and some hot sauce. I dusted the tops with more chili powder.

img_545737_3_73469b5296c87515947d8f2f751f430a.jpg

These make great appetizers, snacks, etc. Be warned though, if you take these to a party/gathering, you'd better make a double batch and some copies of the recipe to hand out.

I'll bet that's not the only you'd better "be warned" about :ermm:

Look great!
All these recipes is going to make me see how I can smoke on my grill, if that's possible....

I'll bet that's not the only you'd better "be warned" about :ermm:

Look great!
All these recipes is going to make me see how I can smoke on my grill, if that's possible....

The better half HAS WARNED me about eating too many of those while drinking beer too close to bedtime:LOL:

Smoking on any grill is possible with a little ingenuity :)

Back
Top Bottom