Spam 7-layer dip
This is a good "cupboard recipe" for when friends drop in and you want to serve a quick snack.
SPAM™ Seven Layer Dip
- 1 can SPAM® luncheon meat (12-ounce), diced
- 1 package taco seasoning (1.25-ounce)
- 1 can refried beans (15-ounce)
- 1/2 can black beans (15-ounce), drained and rinsed
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar & Monterey Jack cheeses
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 can sliced ripe olives (2.25-ounce)
- Tortilla chips
Heat oven to 350ºF. In large skillet, sauté SPAM® until lightly browned.
Add taco seasoning as package directs. Meanwhile, spread refried beans in the bottom of 12-inch pizza pan.
Layer SPAM®, black beans and cheese in pan. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until hot and cheese is melted.
Drizzle sour cream over the top and sprinkle with green onions and sliced ripe olives.
Serve with salsa and tortilla chips, for dipping. Serves 10-12.
We get by with a little help from our friends