Spinach Artichoke Dip

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Anne

Senior Cook
This recipe originally came from a restaurant in Texas. I tweeked it just a little to satisfy my own tastes. It's incredibly delicious. Serve with tortilla chips, nachos or torn pieces of crusty bread. This one always disappears before the party is over.

Serves 12

2 cloves garlic, minced fine
2 tablespoons onion, minced
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 cups heavy cream
1/4 cup chicken broth
2/3 cup freshly grated Pecorino Romano cheese
2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce or part of a 7 oz. can chopped chilis (El Paso brand or other brand) to taste
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup sour cream
2 10-oz. boxes frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed almost dry
1 12-oz. jar artichokes, drained and chopped coarsely
1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (mild or sharp)
3 slices bacon, fried crisp (optional)
2 fresh tomatoes (optional)
4 oz. grated Monterey Jack cheese (optional)

In a large saucepan, over medium heat, saute garlic and onion until golden, about 3 - 5 minutes. Stir in flour, and cook for 1 minute. Slowly stir in cream and broth, and continue cooking until boiling. Add Pecorino Romano cheese, lemon juice, Tabasco sauce or chilis and salt; stir until cheese has melted and mixture is well-blended. Remove from heat, and allow to cool for 5 minutes. Stir sour cream into mixture; then fold in spinach and artichokes.

Fold mixture into microwave-safe serving dish, or into several serving dishes; sprinkle Cheddar cheese over the top. NOTE: If making ahead,
stop and refrigerate at this point. If refrigerating, bring dip back to room temperature.

Microwave dip on 50% power just until cheese has melted.

If desired, garnish with crumbled bacon, chopped tomatoes and Monterey Jack cheese

This one has been copied..Wow it looks so much better than the old one we use to use..My family is going to love this...Thanks Anne..

kadesma:)

Anne, this is one of the bestest recipes I've seen/tried. I'm tempted (w/o the bacon, for me), to dilute it a bit and use it as a pasta sauce. Thank you for the recipe and inspiration.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom