"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Appetizers & Hors D'oeuvres

Old 06-15-2006, 05:36 PM   #11
Chef Extraordinaire

how about onion powder? no chopping.

Old 06-15-2006, 09:09 PM   #12
Head Chef

This is probably too late, but might sweat a portion of the onions, and then mix in some fresh.

Think that might give the onion flavor, and crunch, you need without overwhelming the dish.

Always love green onions, and will add them to almost any dish.

Just some ideas, take care.

Old 06-15-2006, 11:11 PM   #13
Executive Chef

I think the older the onions are the stronger the taste you may have last years onions even from the store the older onions make your eyes water therefor stronger.
Old 06-16-2006, 07:52 AM   #14
Sous Chef

You can still taste the onion, but I don't think it is over powering. Still have a lot of filling, but ran out the biscuits. No I am not going back to the store for that. :) I still have to cut open the eggs (already shelled), fix the filling, cut the veggie pizza and cook the chicken nuggets and sauce. I have decided not to make the BLT appetizers even though I have already cooked 6 lbs of bacon and chopped it up and I purchased a lot of beautiful roma tomatoes. Bacon is in freezer and tomatoes will either be eaten or frozen for my mother's beef veggie soup. Froze leftover veggies from the veggie pizzas for her soup too. Should have a yummy soup when she is ready to make it.

This IS the last major event, still have 4th of July party, but that should only be about 16 people which is nothing. Only other things planned for this year is birthdays and those don't count.

I think I am going to go take a short name before getting busy again. Went to bed at 11:00 and got up at 2:30, so am a wee bit tired.
Old 06-16-2006, 04:49 PM   #15
Chef Extraordinaire

Icy, please take a load off, honey.
Old 06-16-2006, 11:05 PM   #16
Sous Chef

Well I am only half done with baking the chicken nuggets. Everything else is done except for stuffing the eggs. That I will do tomorrow morning at the reception hall and then put them in frig. I am so tired that I could cry, so am going to go take a 3 hour nap and then get up and get busy again. Stupid oven isn't working right and is taking much longer to cook the nuggets. :(

Tags
None