Stuffed mushrooms... iso

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pdswife

Chef Extraordinaire
I need the worlds best stuffed mushroom recipe.

Does any one here know it?:):):):)

Thanks in advance, T

Anyway, I have to get to bed soon, so here is my Crab Stuffed Mushroom recipe.
Crab Stuffed Mushrooms:
4 T olive oil
1 T crushed garlic
1 C celery, finely diced
1 C onion, finely diced
1 C Roasted Red Pepper, minced
1/4 tsp. black pepper
Pinch of Kosher Salt
2 tsp. parsley, chopped fine
2 T White Wine
2 T Lemon Juice
1/3 C Bread Crumbs
2 c Crabmeat
8 Button mushroom caps
2 T Parmesan Cheese
4 Slices Provolone Cheese

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Sauté garlic and onion in olive oil in medium skillet. Add celery and continue cooking until vegetables are translucent, but don't overcook. Let cool slightly. And place in a mixing bowl with the roasted red pepper.

In bowl,add pepper, salt,lemon juice,wine,parsley,parmesan and bread crumbs. Add in crab meat and mixed until everything has a nice binding.

Spoon crab stuffing into mushrooms, dividing evenly between the 8 mushrooms, and place in baking dish, very close to together, topping with the provolone.

Bake for 10-12 minutes. Before serving , shake a slight bit of Paprika over top.

Try these. We normally make the three together when we have a grazing party.

Mushrooms with Crab Meat Stuffing
appetizers-mushroom
1 1/2 cups lump crab meat, fresh or frozen; flaked & shredded
2 tablespoons butter
4 tablespoons shallots or; finely chopped
4 tablespoons scallions; finely chopped
1 cup bechamel sauce
lemon juice; to taste
sea salt; to taste
white pepper; to taste
18-24 large mushroom caps (2 inch); stems removed

Instructions:

Champignons Farcis Au Crabe
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Carefully inspect crab meat and remove any bits of cartilage, then shred lumps with a fork. In a heavy 8 to 10 inch skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter over moderate heat and cook shallots (or scallions), stirring constantly, for 2 minutes or until they are soft. Stir in the crab meat and
toss it with the shallots for 10 seconds or so. With a rubber spatula, transfer the mixture to a large bowl.
Stir in the bechamel sauce, then season to taste with lemon juice, sea salt and white pepper. Lightly butter a shallow baking dish or roasting pan large enough to hold the mushrooms in one layer. Sprinkle the inside of the
caps with salt, spoon in the filling and arrange the caps in the pan. Bake in the upper third of the oven for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the mushrooms are tender when pierced with a sharp knife and the filling is bubbly. Serve on a heated platter.
Serves 6.

Mushrooms with Spinach Stuffing
appetizers-mushroom
1/2 cup shallots or; finely chopped
1/2 cup scallions; finely chopped
3 tablespoons butter
3/4 cup fresh spinach or; firmly packed
1 package (10 oz) frozen spinach; thawed & chopped
3/4 cup boiled ham; finely chopped
1 cup bechamel sauce
sea salt; to taste
freshly ground black pepper; to taste
2 tablespoons butter; cut into small pieces

Instructions:

Champignons Farcis Aux Epinards
Preheat oven to 350°F.
In a heavy 8 to 10 inch skillet, melt 3 tablespoons of butter over moderate heat and cook shallots (or scallions), stirring constantly, for 2 minutes or until they are soft. Add the spinach and toss it with the shallots for 3 to 4 minutes. With a rubber spatula, transfer the mixture to a large bowl.
Stir in the ham and the bechamel sauce and season to taste with salt and pepper. Lightly butter a shallow baking dish or roasting pan large enough to hold the mushrooms in one layer. Sprinkle the inside of the caps with salt, spoon in the filling; arrange the caps in the pan and dot them with
butter. Bake in the upper third of the oven for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the mushrooms are tender when pierced with a sharp knife and the filling is lightly browned. Serve on a heated platter.
Serves 6.

Mushrooms with Minced Mushroom Stuffing
appetizers-mushroom
3/4 lb fresh mushrooms; finely chopped
4 tablespoons shallots or; finely chopped
4 tablespoons scallions; finely chopped
2 tablespoons butter
1 cup bechamel sauce
1 teaspoon fresh parsley; finely chopped
salt; to taste
freshly ground black pepper; to taste
2 tablespoons fine dry bread crumbs
1 tablespoon swiss cheese; grated
2 tablespoons butter; cut into small pieces

Instructions:

Champignons Farcis Duxelles

Preheat oven to 350°F.
A handful at a time, squeeze the chopped mushrooms in a towel to extract as much juice as possible. In a heavy 8 to 10 inch skillet, melt 2 tablespoons of butter over moderate heat and cook shallots (or scallions), stirring constantly, for 2 minutes or until they are soft. Add the chopped mushrooms and toss with the shallots for 8 to 10 minutes, or until all the moisture has evaporated and they are beginning to brown lightly. With a rubber spatula, transfer the mixture to a large bowl.
Stir in the bechamel sauce, parsley and season to taste with salt and pepper. Lightly butter a shallow baking dish or roasting pan large enough to hold the mushrooms in one layer. Sprinkle the inside of the caps with salt, spoon in the filling; then mix the bread crumbs and grated cheese and
sprinkle over the filling. Arrange the caps in the pan. and dot them with butter. Bake in the upper third of the oven for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the mushrooms are tender when pierced with a sharp knife and the filling is
lightly browned. Serve on a heated platter.
Serves 6.
** Exported from Now You're Cooking! v5.68 **

Recipes easily convert.

Good luck

Wolfie

Last edited:
I have a recipe that is usually used for bbbq... so instructions say grill on a grill, but I'm sure you will be able to find the right temperature and time for the oven...
I always use a bit more garlic :rolleyes:

filled mushrooms

12-16 big white mushrooms
juice of two lemons
some whitewine
some Worcestersauce
salt
pepper
100g cooked ham, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
2 garlic gloves
100g fresh dandelionleafs
1 can Mascarpone

1 can cream cheese with french herbs
1 can cream
1 can grated parmesan cheese
1 can chopped fresh herbs

clean the mushrooms and get of the base (whatever you call it, I hope you know what I mean :mrgreen: ) sprinkle with a mix of the wine, half of the lemonjuice and the worcestersauce.
Season with salt & Pepper
saute the ham, add the onions and the mashed garlic and saute for a short time.
chop the dandelionleafs chunky (?), add to the ham and saute with.
take off the heat an fold in the mascarpone, season with lemonjuice, wine, worcestersauce, salt & pepper.
fill the mushroom heads.
get some pieces of alufoil and spread wih oliveoil,
place the mushroom on and fold.
put on a grill.

Mix the creamcheese with cream and lemonjuice, add the herbs, season with wine, worcestersauce, salt & pepper.
serve with the hot champignon top with the grated parmesan, serve and
enjoy!

*wow* that was rather heavy to translate... :huh:
if it wouldn't have been for you, pds, I would have skipped that.. hope everybody understands everything.....

Wow, Erik, Wolfie, Cara, they all look wonderful!! I want to try them all!!
Compliments goes to you too, Trish, as it produced such brilliant ideas!!
Cara I know what you mean about translating the recipe... I do that often with my Italian recipes, but aren't the folks here all worth the effort!:-p

Licia, of course they are.. but you have the advantage of translating in your native language..... :rolleyes:
there are so many words that are so specific my translators doesn't know... or it suggests me about 20 possibilities and I don't know which oine to use....

You do a very good job, Cara...your recipes are quite understandable, as well as delicious.

Here's a recipe I worked out that's very tasty...I'd like to try some of y'all's recipes too. I really like the idea of the Provelone topping, Erik.

Connie’s Stuffed Mushrooms

1-2 cups plus fine bread crumbs
1/2 cup ripe olives, chopped
1/2 cup diced ham or hard salami
4 cloves garlic, finely diced
1/4 cup fresh Italian parsley, chopped
!/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
S&P
1 egg, beaten
olive oil
25 large mushrooms

Make breadcrumbs in food processor out of sliced, toasted Italian bread. Wipe mushrooms off with paper towel, and stem by scooping with a melon baller. Chop stems finely, and sauté in 1-2 tbls olive oil until almost tender. Add garlic, and continue cooking till tender. Remove to bowl and add first six ingredients, mix well; add beaten egg and mix again. Stuff mushroom caps, pressing stuffing in with fingers. Place on large baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, and bake in preheated 400 degree oven until heated through and golden on top...about 25 minutes.

Last edited:
Cheddar Stuffed Mushrooms

24 Mushrooms – Large
6 Tb Butter
1/2 C Walnuts, minced
1/2 C Parsley, minced
1 Onion, minced
1 C Shredded Sharp Cheddar (About 4 oz.)
1/4 C Grated Romano Cheese
1/2 C Fresh Bread Crumbs
TT S & P

Preheat oven to 350° F.

Remove the stems from the mushrooms and mince the stems.

Melt the butter and brush the mushroom caps with some of the butter. Arrange caps, stemmed sides up, on a large baking sheet.

Lightly toast the walnuts.

In a large heavy skillet, sauté the parsley and onion with the chopped stems in remaining butter until the mixture is softened.

Remove skillet from heat and stir in remaining ingredients.

Divide the mixture among the mushroom caps, mounding the stuffing slightly.

Mushrooms may be stuffed 4 hours in advance. Store covered in the refrigerator.

Bake mushrooms in middle of the oven for 30 minutes.

You guys are WONDERFUL!!!!!!!

Now all I have to do is pick one or two.!!

Thank you.

cara said:
Licia, of course they are.. but you have the advantage of translating in your native language..... :rolleyes:
there are so many words that are so specific my translators doesn't know... or it suggests me about 20 possibilities and I don't know which oine to use....

Yes.. you are right Cara!! It is so much more difficult to translate something to a foreign language or explain something in a foreign language, and you do it so well!!
77.gif
And we all appreciate your effort so much!!:flowers:

Michelemarie said:
Andy M - those sound good! Ironically enough, I was planning on making stuffed mushrooms tonight! Have you ever used dried bread crumbs?

They are very good. If I make too many for an appetizer, guests pig out and then don't want dinner!

Dry bread crumbs should work OK.

These are great! This is my signature stuffed mushrooms recipe. You can add bacon, too, if you're not feeding any vegetarians.

Stuffed Mushrooms

30 Whole fresh mushrooms
4 Tablespoon butter, melted
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
1 Tablespoon minced garlic
1 8-oz pkg cream cheese, softened
1/4 Cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 Teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 Teaspoon onion powder
1/4 Teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
1 Tablespoon chives
Italian bread crumbs

Instructions: Preheat oven to 350º.

Clean mushrooms & discard stems. Toss mushrooms in butter & lemon juice. Set aside.

Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic & lightly fry, taking care not to burn it. Turn off heat.

Add remaining ingredients to garlic & stir until well mixed. When mixture is cool enough to handle, place it in a zip-loc bag.

Arrange mushrooms on baking sheet. Cut off small corner of bag - make hole just large enough to squeeze mixture into mushroom caps. Fill each cap. Sprinkle with bread crumbs.

Bake for 20 minutes or until mushrooms are hot & tops are starting to get lightly browned.

Andy M. said:
Cheddar Stuffed Mushrooms

24 Mushrooms – Large
6 Tb Butter
1/2 C Walnuts, minced
1/2 C Parsley, minced
1 Onion, minced
1 C Shredded Sharp Cheddar (About 4 oz.)
1/4 C Grated Romano Cheese
1/2 C Fresh Bread Crumbs
TT S & P

Preheat oven to 350° F.

Remove the stems from the mushrooms and mince the stems.

Melt the butter and brush the mushroom caps with some of the butter. Arrange caps, stemmed sides up, on a large baking sheet.

Lightly toast the walnuts.

In a large heavy skillet, sauté the parsley and onion with the chopped stems in remaining butter until the mixture is softened.

Remove skillet from heat and stir in remaining ingredients.

Divide the mixture among the mushroom caps, mounding the stuffing slightly.

Mushrooms may be stuffed 4 hours in advance. Store covered in the refrigerator.

Bake mushrooms in middle of the oven for 30 minutes.

I made these tonight - magnificent! Thanks Andy M!

Your recipe sounds great, Andy. I like the idea of brushing the mushroom caps with butter.
I don't care for nuts in my stuffing though...wonder what I could use instead?

Back
Top Bottom