Stuffed Tomatoes TNT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

deeppitbbq

Cook
Stuffed Tomatoes

1-3 oz. pkgs. cream cheese, cut into pieces
1/4 cup butter
2 cloves, garlic, minced
1/2 tsp. salt
1 pint cherry tomatoes

Scoop out tomatoes. Rinse and drain. Process cream cheese, butter, garlic and salt in a food processor or blender until smooth. Fill cherry tomatoes. Chill.

deeppitbbq said:
Stuffed Tomatoes

1/4 cup butter
2 cloves, garlic, minced
1/2 tsp. salt
1 pint cherry tomatoes

Scoop out tomatoes. Rinse and drain. Process cream cheese, butter, garlic and salt in a food processor or blender until smooth. Fill cherry tomatoes. Chill.

So this is served cold right?

Looks yummy! We do a similar one with cream cheese, a splash of milk and dill. I'm always looking for new ideas though!

Thanks for sharing!

TNX!

I am always looking for stuffed tomato recipes, as soon I'll have a gazillion in my garden.

Last night mader a gazpacho salad stuffed tomato. I diced up some carrot, celery, cucumber, bell pepper and tomato into 1/2 inch pieces and marinated it with some lime juice, tequila, salt and pepper and a little hot sauce. I scooped the chiiled slad into hollowed out tomatoes and it was delicious and very refreshing.

Jennyema - that sounds to die for! How long did you marinate everything for?

Sizzlin - if you are doing cherry tomatoes, a small spoon (I use my nephew's baby spoon that they keep on hand here) or the small side of the melon baller. If I'm doing regular tomatoes or romas, I cut the tops off, squeeze as much juice out as I can then use a regular spoon or a grapefruit spoon (with the sarated edges) to clean out the sides a little.

JMediger said:
Jennyema - that sounds to die for! How long did you marinate everything for?

Sizzlin - if you are doing cherry tomatoes, a small spoon (I use my nephew's baby spoon that they keep on hand here) or the small side of the melon baller. If I'm doing regular tomatoes or romas, I cut the tops off, squeeze as much juice out as I can then use a regular spoon or a grapefruit spoon (with the sarated edges) to clean out the sides a little.

Thanks for the tips!

SurvivorGirl said:
sounds great, but wouldn't it be a tad tedious to hollow out all those cherry tomatoes?:huh:

NOTHING is too tedious when it comes to good food SG! It just takes a bit of pre-planning. :chef:

SurvivorGirl said:
I don't think that cooking should be tedious or boring though. I think that hollowing them out would be exactly that.

I'm sure that some people think so. Probably chopping onions, peeling potatoes, deveining shrimp is considered tedious to some people, too. I guess you could say that about many aspects of food preparation.

Others -- like me -- think it's fun.:) Stuffed tomatoes need to be empty to be stuffed with yumminess. IMO it's not a bother at all, since it is a very east task, technique-wise.

Edited to add that I marinated for about 2 hours in the fridge.

deeppitbbq said:
Stuffed Tomatoes

1/4 cup butter
2 cloves, garlic, minced
1/2 tsp. salt
1 pint cherry tomatoes

That might work. It's not that unusual. Emeril Lagasse once stuffed red onions with cream cheese or a mixture including it.

Back
Top Bottom