Stuffed Zucchini TNT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
We have this many times on Sundays,it makes a great appy.
6 med. zucchini's, par boiled and then sliced in half the long way. scoop out the center pulp,with a grapefruit spoon, press pulp to remove as much liquid as you can. set pulp aside. Saute in evoo or 2-4 tab. butter 2-3 fine chopped green onions and 1 clove of crushed garlic. plus 3 Tab. fine chopped parsley, after the veggies are soft add the plup and salt and pepper to taste plus 3-4 tab. majoram, now your 3 cups of bread crumbs and1/2 cup parmesan fill the zucchini shells with this mixture and then dot with more butter and sprinkle on more cheese bake in a 350 oven for about 25 min enjoy.
this should serve 6.
kades

I have 2 zucchini in my fridge I need to use. Was going to make zucchini soufflé but who knows if that will ever happen...
Maybe I'll try this

We have this many times on Sundays,it makes a great appy.
6 med. zucchini's, par boiled and then sliced in half the long way. scoop out the center pulp,with a grapefruit spoon, press pulp to remove as much liquid as you can. set pulp aside. Saute in evoo or 2-4 tab. butter 2-3 fine chopped green onions and 1 clove of crushed garlic. plus 3 Tab. fine chopped parsley, after the veggies are soft add the plup and salt and pepper to taste plus 3-4 tab. majoram, now your 3 cups of bread crumbs and1/2 cup parmesan fill the zucchini shells with this mixture and then dot with more butter and sprinkle on more cheese bake in a 350 oven for about 25 min enjoy.
this should serve 6.
kades

I got to the "scoop out the pulp" part, and went "OMG, but I love the pulp!!!" Lol. It's like a twice baked zucchini :) sounds wonderful, except what does marjoram taste like? I've probably had it in spice mixes but I've never used it by itself.

I got to the "scoop out the pulp" part, and went "OMG, but I love the pulp!!!" Lol. It's like a twice baked zucchini :) sounds wonderful, except what does marjoram taste like? I've probably had it in spice mixes but I've never used it by itself.
Skittle, majoram is a mild herb/spice that most often is used in egg dishes. My DH's mom always used it in her stuffed onions and zucchini I love it and always use a lot in dishes I make even my ravioli. It you might say is a cousin to Oregano, just mild,sweet makes your mouth go emmmm:LOL:
kades

Skittle, majoram is a mild herb/spice that most often is used in egg dishes. My DH's mom always used it in her stuffed onions and zucchini I love it and always use a lot in dishes I make even my ravioli. It you might say is a cousin to Oregano, just mild,sweet makes your mouth go emmmm:LOL:
kades

Ill have to try it- I love oregano, but it is a little strong for eggs.

I'll have to try the tea with it. It sounds so good.
kades

With a dash of lemon plus it has loads of health benefits. Added bonus :)

Sweet marjoram is one of very popular herb, especially in Mediterranean region. It was used in ancient times by the Greeks to make wreaths and garlands and was believed as a symbol of peace, harmony and happiness.
The herb contains many notable phyto-nutrients, minerals and vitamins that are essential for optimum health and wellness.
The herb parts contain certain chemical constituents like eugenol sabinene,α -terpinene, cymene, terpinolene, linalool, cis-sabinene hydrate, linalyl acetate, terpinen-4-olandterpineol. These compounds are known to have anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties.
Fresh herb has high levels of vitamin C (ascorbic acid); provide 51.4 µg or 86% of RDA per 100 g. Vitamin C is one of the powerful natural anti-oxidant help remove harmful free radicals from the body. Ascorbic acid also has immune booster, wound healing and anti-viral effects.
Marjoram herb contains exceptionally high levels of beta-carotene,vitamin A,cryptoxanthin, lutein and zea-xanthin. Carotenes, xanthins and lutein are powerful flavonoid anti-oxidants. Together, these compounds help act as protective scavengers against oxygen-derived free radicals and reactive oxygen species (ROS) that play a role in aging and various disease processes.
Vitamin A is known to have antioxidant properties and is essential for healthy eye-sight. It is also required for maintaining healthy mucus membranes and skin. Consumption of natural foods rich in vitamin A and carotenes are known to help the body protect from lung and oral cavity cancers.
Zea-xanthin, an important dietary carotenoid, selectively absorbed into the retinal macula lutea in the eyes where it is thought to provide antioxidant and protective light-filtering functions. It has proven beneficial action against age-related macular disease(ARMD) especially in the elderly.
Sweet marjoram is one of the richest herbal sources for vitamin K; provide about 518% of recommended daily intake. Vitamin-K has a potential role in bone mass building by promoting osteotrophic activity in the bones. It also has established role in the treatment of Alzheimer's diseaseby limiting neuronal damage in the brain.
Marjoram herb has a good amount of minerals like iron, calcium, potassium, manganese, copper, zinc and magnesium. Potassium is an important component of cell and body fluids, which helps control heart rate and blood pressure. Manganese is used by the body as a co-factor for the antioxidant enzyme, superoxide dismutase.
Furthermore, its leaves are an excellent source of iron, contains 82.71 mg/100 g (about 1034% of RDA). Iron is an important co-factor for cytochrome oxidase enzymein the cellular metabolism. In addition, being a component of hemoglobin inside the red blood cells, it determines the oxygen-carrying capacity of the blood.

Back
Top Bottom