Sun-Dried Tomato Tapenade On Polenta Triangles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mish

Washing Up
This recipe caught my attention & wanted to pass it along.

Sun-Dried Tomato Tapenade On Polenta Triangles
TAPENADE
12 black brine-cured olives (like kalamata), pitted
9 sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, coarsley chopped, well-drained
1/4 cup chopped fesh parsley
2 tablespoons tomato paste
1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
1 garlic clove, minced

POLENTA
1 1/4 cups whipping cream
1 1/4 cups water
3/4 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup yellow cornmeal
3/4 teaspoon tabasco
4 tablespoons olive oil
chopped fresh parsley

For tapenade: Combine all ingredients in processor. Using off/on turns, process until finely chopped. Transfer to a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper.

For polenta: Combine cream, water and salt in heavy medium saucepan. Bring to boil. Gradually whisk in cornmeal. Reduce heat to medium-low and stir until polenta is thick, about 10 minutes. Mix in hot sauce. Season with pepper.

Pour into an 8-inch square glass baking dish. Chill until cold, about 1 hour. Cut polenta into 12 squares. Cut each square in half diagonally, forming 24 triangles.

Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a heavy large non-stick skillet over high heat.

Working in batches, add polenta triangles and saute until golden, adding remaining 2 T. oil as necessary, about 2 minutes per side per batch. Transfer polenta to paper towels, drain. Divide tapenade among triangles. Arrange on platter. Garnish with parsley. Serve at room temperature.

I've never met a sun-dried tomato that I didn't like!

Thanks for the recipe. :D

mish, you've solved the problem of what to do with the half-empty jar of tapenade I have in the fridge! And we are invited out for football on Sunday - perfect munchie to bring along.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom