"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Appetizers & Hors D'oeuvres

Old 04-06-2008, 12:57 PM   #11
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by corazon View Post
That sounds delicious! I could eat the appetizers for dinner! Have lots of fun today!
What are you making for dinner?
Hi Cora, how are those boys? Thank you...Wish I could share them with you..We are also having, bbq'd baby back ribs, eggplant I have marinating in paste of thyme,parsley,garlic,evoo,lemon juice and zest,salt and pepper then I'll either grill them or put them in the oven not sure yet, will see what the little ones want to do today. Let's see a large platter of fresh fruit, watermelon, Tuscan melon, pears,bananas,apples,grapes, mango and papaya. marinated garbanzo's for Cade and Carson, Ethan and Livi eat anything, there is a cucumber salad with lemon juice,red pepper flakes,toasted sesame oil and toasted sesame seeds, a green salad with the works..dessert is strawberry shortcake for the big guys and chocolate topped with whipped cream for the kiddies.. That's about it..I love my Sunday's with my kids big and small

kades

Old 04-06-2008, 01:10 PM   #12
Executive Chef

That sounds wonderful! I hope that I can have Sunday dinners like you. It sounds like so much fun, all the family and great food! Have you always made big Sunday meals? Even when your big kids were little kids?
My boys are great, thanks for asking. Right now Aidan is chasing Callum around the living room, saying "punker dunker"

Old 04-06-2008, 01:14 PM   #13
Sous Chef

Send a message via AIM to AMSeccia
Kades, I am so jealous. We are still melting snow piles here, so planting is a good 6 weeks away!
Old 04-06-2008, 01:16 PM   #14
Master Chef

Yet again, another day I wished I was West of here!! And Elf is right, your continued talk about your family is so wonderful! It is what makes you so special, being so loving to and about your family!!
Old 04-06-2008, 08:53 PM   #15
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by corazon View Post
That sounds wonderful! I hope that I can have Sunday dinners like you. It sounds like so much fun, all the family and great food! Have you always made big Sunday meals? Even when your big kids were little kids?
My boys are great, thanks for asking. Right now Aidan is chasing Callum around the living room, saying "punker dunker"
Cora, it is fun..We all sat outside and had appetizers and something to drink today.Watching the kids on the slide and swings was so relaxing and it was great hearing their voices raised in fun..When my big kids were little, every sunday my parents came to visit and would bring DH's mom with them..When see didn't want to come, my parents would spend the weekend with us..They had an Air Stream trailer that they kept parked here so they had a place to stay..Meals were a combo of mine and DH's mom so meals were big and you just hoped everything worked together Around her it was always family,kids friends and lots of fun,,Lots of rum for the kids to run and play, animals, ponies, horses, cows, you name it at one time or another, we raised it Now we are looking for a pony for the little ones ahhh, we do go in circles after all
kadesma
Old 04-06-2008, 09:04 PM   #16
Master Chef

Hmm that sounds yum! I especially love brie on apples, and yesterday we tried a salmon pate on toasted artesian bread that was especially good!
Old 04-06-2008, 09:11 PM   #17
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMSeccia View Post
Kades, I am so jealous. We are still melting snow piles here, so planting is a good 6 weeks away!
I'm sorry, you time will come and then we can share tales of weather, family and fun time..

kadesma
Old 04-06-2008, 09:13 PM   #18
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick2272 View Post
Hmm that sounds yum! I especially love brie on apples, and yesterday we tried a salmon pate on toasted artesian bread that was especially good!
Salmon pate, sounds great, look like we both had a wonderful weekend..

kadesma
Old 04-06-2008, 09:29 PM   #19
Master Chef

They let me out of the hospital on Saturday morning, so I just had to swing by Whole Foods for a treat (hospital food is better these days then it used to be, but a low fat, cardiac, low conc sweets diet still stinks!), and we picked up the brie and salmon pate. Also picked up some steel cut oats and got to try them for the first time, DW and I both agreed we would never go back to rolled oats again!
Old 04-06-2008, 09:52 PM   #20
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick2272 View Post
They let me out of the hospital on Saturday morning, so I just had to swing by Whole Foods for a treat (hospital food is better these days then it used to be, but a low fat, cardiac, low conc sweets diet still stinks!), and we picked up the brie and salmon pate. Also picked up some steel cut oats and got to try them for the first time, DW and I both agreed we would never go back to rolled oats again!
I've allways avoided oats, cram of wheat the like, it just makes me gag..Texture with me is so important..I bought some steel cut oats for the little kids when I ws watching them and tasted Olivia's, thinking hold your nose and swallow, well I love the steel cuts,,they are wonderful..
kadesma

Tags
None