This recipe is from the Pillsbury Bake-off.
Cream cheese-stuffed peppers are wrapped in flaky crescent rolls and rolled in Parmesan cheese in this spicy appetizer.
4 oz. cream cheese (from 8-oz. pkg.), softened
1 teaspoon grated lime peel
1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
1 tablespoon lime juice
8 fresh whole jalapeño chiles
1 (8-oz.) can Pillsbury® Refrigerated Crescent Dinner Rolls
¼ cup butter or margarine, melted
4 oz. fresh Parmesan cheese, grated (1 cup)
1. Heat oven to 375°F. Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray. In small bowl, mix cream cheese, lime peel, cilantro and lime juice until well blended; set aside. Carefully remove stems from chiles; cut each in half lengthwise. Remove and discard seeds.
2. Unroll dough on cutting board; separate into 8 triangles. From center of longest side to opposite point, cut each triangle in half, making 16 triangles.
3. For each appetizer, spoon 1 teaspoon cream cheese mixture into chile half; place chile, cream cheese side down, on dough triangle with point of chile near top point of triangle. Wrap sides of triangle up over chile; pinch to seal. Bring point of triangle down over end of chile to cover; pinch to seal.
4. In separate shallow dishes, place melted butter and Parmesan cheese. Dip each dough-wrapped chile into butter; roll in cheese to coat. Place on sprayed cookie sheet.
5. Bake at 375°F. for 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately remove from cookie sheet. Serve warm.
Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.
26th president of US (1858 - 1919)