Tapenade (I made much too much)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lyndalou

Head Chef
I really went overboard in making tapenade for a pot luck the other day. Do you think it would freeze well? Gotta do something with it. Any suggestions would be welcome.

I've never frozen olives. Maybe take a bit, freeze it, and see how you like it before freezing the whole shebang. Though come to think of it, frozen pizzas frequently have olives, and they freeze just fine.

You could also use it to stuff chicken breasts or pork chops. Perhaps mix it with a little feta cheese first.

I like the pasta idea, similar to pesto.

If you are a baker you could make some yeast dough, pie crust or even frozen puff pastry, roll it out, spread it with tapenade, roll it up, slice it and bake it to make some nice appetizers.

Mind if I ask, why? :angel:

Just my guess, but most of us choose to make too much rather than too little for guests.
I'll never forget a barbeque potluck cookout, where the host said he said he would provide the meat if everyone provided the sides. The meat ran out long before the line. I would have hung my head in shame, but that's me.

Just my guess, but most of us choose to make too much rather than too little for guests.
I'll never forget a barbeque potluck cookout, where the host said he said he would provide the meat if everyone provided the sides. The meat ran out long before the line. I would have hung my head in shame, but that's me.

Aha! I understand. You are so right. I would have been so embarrassed. :angel:

I thought that the party was going to be bigger than it actually was. People loved it, but...live and learn.

Here's another avenue you may consider...
Food As Gifts
It's the holiday season,
you said that the party guests loved your tapenade,
why not package it up all pretty like, and give a small container
to each of those who were in attendance?
Maybe add a small package of crackers or what ever it was that you served your delicious appy with..
Merry Christmas
Happy Hanukkah
Happy ST. Lucia Day (that's today btw)
Happy Advent
Happy New Year
Happy Kwanzaa

I made too much Fish Vera Cruz last night,
so I'm going to the two neighbors on either side of us
later this afternoon, with the food already heated for
their supper. The're old and won't cook for themselves, so
I do this every so often, but never so much as to make them
feel embarrassed or beholding to us to reciprocate (RAOK).

Last edited:
K-girl, that's a great idea. Put it in some pretty jars, cut a little skirt or piece of ribbon for the lids.

Addie, the party was at a friend's home. I do like the idea of jarring it up and giving some of it away as holiday gifts. that's tomorrows plan.

Here's another avenue you may consider...
Food As Gifts
It's the holiday season,
you said that the party guests loved your tapenade,
why not package it up all pretty like, and give a small container
to each of those who were in attendance?
Maybe add a small package of crackers or what ever it was that you served your delicious appy with..
Merry Christmas
Happy Hanukkah
Happy ST. Lucia Day (that's today btw)
Happy Advent
Happy New Year
Happy Kwanzaa

I made too much Fish Vera Cruz last night,
so I'm going to the two neighbors on either side of us
later this afternoon, with the food already heated for
their supper. The're old and won't cook for themselves, so
I do this every so often, but never so much as to make them
feel embarrassed or beholding to us to reciprocate (RAOK).
001.JPG

Let us all know how it goes Lyndalou,
some photos would be nice as well ;)

I don't know how to send photos, but I'll let you know what I do. Tonight is going to be on pasta with chicken.

Ooh! That sounds super yummy, may have to give that one a try, always on the hunt for a 'new chicken dish' that's FOR SURE! HA! :)

I love photos, if you need some help with that, I'm sure that someone could help you out with that, it's pretty simple. Do you have a digital camera or a smart phone? There must be a tutorial here at DC somewhere...

Ooh! That sounds super yummy, may have to give that one a try, always on the hunt for a 'new chicken dish' that's FOR SURE! HA! :)

I love photos, if you need some help with that, I'm sure that someone could help you out with that, it's pretty simple. Do you have a digital camera or a smart phone? There must be a tutorial here at DC somewhere...

Now there's an idea for a new thread. Not me. I am lousy at giving directions for anything. My idea of directions, "watch what I do, then copy it." :angel:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom