"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Appetizers & Hors D'oeuvres

Old 06-25-2005, 08:59 PM   #11
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironchef
Prosciutto, Roma Tomato, and Mozarella with Basil or Arugula Pesto
Interesting, and right up my alley Wonder how grilled cibatta with rosemary evoo on the bread then one of the pesto's,procuitto, romas and the mozzarella..Sounds delicious..I've never tried to make arugala pesto, is it similar to the basil? I love arugula on pannini's and use it often that way..Would love to try the pest.
thank you..
kadesma

Old 06-25-2005, 09:58 PM   #12
Sous Chef

Send a message via AIM to Lugaru
The sammich that Iron mentions is one of the ones we sold at Starbucks and was really good (only without the procuitto which can only make it better). We used cibatta and it came out REALLY nice.

Old 06-25-2005, 10:55 PM   #13
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugaru
The sammich that Iron mentions is one of the ones we sold at Starbucks and was really good (only without the procuitto which can only make it better). We used cibatta and it came out REALLY nice.
Thanks Lu, I buy a cibatta every saturday and have to go back for another on Sunday You'd think I'd get smart and just buy 2 at a time Will give it a try.
kadesma
Old 06-26-2005, 04:07 AM   #14
Executive Chef

Basically just switch out the basil for the arugula in a basic pesto recipe. The arugula will give the pesto a slight peppery flavor, and actually give a more balanced tasting pesto, especially for those who don't like basil in large doses.
Old 06-26-2005, 04:26 AM   #15
Executive Chef

What about those mini ham and cheese sandwiches made with the 24 pk dinner rolls? If you do a search for the "mini ham and cheese sandwiches" several versions come up. I like the one with poppy seed, butter, thin sliced ham and swiss cheese. They can be made ahead and are wonderful for brunch, lunch, tea time, etc. - and super easy to do.
Old 06-26-2005, 12:02 PM   #16
Chef Extraordinaire

Thanks licia,

I'll go search I've gotten some wonderful ideas here. Now I'll have the fun of making up some of them. and you can bet I'll make a few extra to try
kadesma
Old 06-26-2005, 12:04 PM   #17
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironchef
Basically just switch out the basil for the arugula in a basic pesto recipe. The arugula will give the pesto a slight peppery flavor, and actually give a more balanced tasting pesto, especially for those who don't like basil in large doses.
Thanks ironchef..
I've decided on the arugala, I love that peppery taste and the sandwiches will be perfect this way. Thanks you.
kadesma
Old 06-29-2005, 01:43 AM   #18
Chef Extraordinaire

Well here is what I'm taking to the luncheon tomorrow
Asparagus rolls
Ironchefs, proscuitto, mozzerella, tomato and arugala pesto on focaccia, that has been opened into small squares and brushed with evoo...Thank you Ironshef, they taste fantastic!
Constance suggested bursweiger on brown bread, I buttered it, put some cream cheese with some green olives blended in and a spinach leaf..Thanks Constance they are great, oh btw I had to use pumpernickle but it's good
jkath suggested chicken, pecans, red grapes with some mayo, I used that and added a little celery and cucumber and put it into puff pastry shells I fancied up the top with some organic pansies from the grocer..Thank you jkath
I also took smoked salmon, added dill a little sour cream and creme fraise, cracked black pepper chives and put this on top of a cucumber slice then onto some small party rye, stuck a little sprig of fresh dill on top. Thanks Bucky Then I completely lost my mind and made small cream puffs and stuffed them with a tuna salad, mayo, green onion, sweet pickles,celery..And I said 3 sandwiches...Oh boy...Plus now I'm so tired that I'm wide awake and rearin to go
Thank you all..I appreciate your help...You are truely a great group to talk and share with.
kadesma
Old 06-29-2005, 02:14 AM   #19
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to kitchenelf
Dang - I want to go to the luncheon!!!!!!!!!!! Sounds like an awesome lunch!!!! Nice menu.

"Count yourself...you ain't so many" - quote from Buck's Daddy
kitchenelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 02:18 AM   #20
Chef Extraordinaire

Come join us Elf

Thanks for the kind words
kadesma

Tags
None