The real Onion Dip TNT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
My Grandson came over and we made this recipe he got. It is wonderful he gave it a Thumbs up.We put 2 lbs. of sliced onions in a skillet and covered them and cooked over low heat about 20 min. Stirring occasionally til wilted.Uncover and continue cooking about 45 min more until soft sweet and reduced to just a fraction of the original volume. Cool and ad in 3/4 cup sour cream 4 oz of softened cream cheese 1 tea. Worcestershire, several shakes of Tabasco , salt and pepper
get out the potato chips put our feet up and enjoy
We are planning this for Thanksgiving.
kades:yum:

kadesma said:
My Grandson came over and we made this recipe he got. It is wonderful he gave it a Thumbs up.We put 2 lbs. of sliced onions in a skillet and covered them and cooked over low heat about 20 min. Stirring occasionally til wilted.Uncover and continue cooking about 45 min more until soft sweet and reduced to just a fraction of the original volume. Cool and ad in 3/4 cup sour cream 4 oz of softened cream cheese 1 tea. Worcestershire, several shakes of Tabasco , salt and pepper
get out the potato chips put our feet up and enjoy
We are planning this for Thanksgiving.
kades:yum:

Mmmmm. That sounds wonderful, Kades! C&P!

I saw Alton brown take a similar approach to onion dip and always wanted to try it. Sounds great! Every time I eat onion dip made from sour cream and onion soup mix, I always wish that it was better, and I bet this recipe is.

I saw Alton brown take a similar approach to onion dip and always wanted to try it. Sounds great! Every time I eat onion dip made from sour cream and onion soup mix, I always wish that it was better, and I bet this recipe is.
I had some with my grandson and I loved it. it wan't salty like the kind from a package it really was great.
kades

How did you cut the onions? Fine Dice, then smoosh them all up when cooked?

or is the dip sort Chunky?

Eric, Austin Tx.

How did you cut the onions? Fine Dice, then smoosh them all up when cooked?

or is the dip sort Chunky?

Eric, Austin Tx.
It's rather chunky. I just sliced the onions the amount really gets a lot less as it cooks down. Reminds me of spinach huge amount that looks as if it would feed an army then you cook it and end up with just enough for 2.:LOL:
kades

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom