TNT Cheese LOG

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
We serve this with crackers At Chrismas It's surrounded with red berries.I want to plan on the decorations for Halloween Got any Ideas?
To make the log mix in a large bowl 1/2lb of grated Cheddar cheese,3 oz of soft cream cheese this will b very soft, 1 tab. soft butter,2 Tab. parsley,chopped, 1 Tab. grated onion,1/2 tea. salt, 1 Tab. Worcestershire, Dash or two of Tabasco,. Place this mixture on a large sheet of waxed or parchment paper and roll to form alog. It should be about 8 inches long and 2 inches in diameter. Close ends of paper place in freezer for 30 min.
Now we make the frosting in a small bowl mix 2 oz of Roquefort,3 oz. cream cheese,2 Tab. heavy ceam and another dash of Tabasco. Beat til light and fluffy. Remove log from freezer it needs to be as hard as stone. Coat evenly with the Roquefort mixture making sure you get the ends too. Place in freezer for 5 min. Remove and roll in 1/2 cup of chopped pistachios make sure you cover all sides and the ends. Now roll in plastic wrap and put in refrigerator for 4 hours at the least. Place on serving plate decorate and serve with crackers .
kades

How about making it in a ball shape and rolling it in chopped toasted pecans. Use pieces of black olives to make the Jack O'lantern eyes and mouth, a piece of green pepper, or scallion for a stem.

How about making it in a ball shape and rolling it in chopped toasted pecans. Use pieces of black olives to make the Jack O'lantern eyes and mouth, a piece of green pepper, or scallion for a stem.
Great Idea Aunt bea. I'll give this one a try the kids will love it.
kades

For Halloween I would roll it in pine nuts (spider eggs) and put a few olive spiders on top like this one.

images

For Halloween I would roll it in pine nuts (spider eggs) and put a few olive spiders on top like this one.

images
Well now another great idea, think I'll make two smaller balls and wing it the people all dig in at my daughters and will never guess they dig in to everything. Thanks 4me
kades

Back
Top Bottom