TNT-french bread appy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
My kids love to come early on sunday and we all sit around, yak and enjoy some goodies. I haven't done this this last month and since I'm feeling darn good today, I'm getting things ready so I can whip this up tomorrow and surprise them.
I'll cut a loaf of french bread in half the long way and make a trench by removing some of the soft insides.In a F/P I plan to mix up into a paste about 8 oz. of sharp cheddar, grated, 1 Tab. softened butter, then I'm going spread this in the trench. I have 6oz. of crab meat and will moisten with a little mayo and spread that over the cheese.Place bread on cookie sheet and bake about 20 min or til bubbly,remove sprinkle top with finely chopped green onion and parsley, cut and serve nice and hot with a nice white wine or proseco..Can't wait to see the look on my kids face tomorrow:)

kadesma

Kadesma, I do believe you are the QUEEN of Lunches!

Your family is very lucky to have you! :)

Lee

Kadesma, I do believe you are the QUEEN of Lunches!

Your family is very lucky to have you! :)

Lee
Thank you Lee, what a nice thing for you to say..I do love to cook and so enjoy treating my family and friends..It just keeps me going.:)
kads

Yum, that sounds good.
I had a similar appetizer tonight. French bread with an alfredo sauce spread on it, topped with mushrooms and artichoke hearts, then mozz and baked. It was tasty. Would have been much better with crab meat too.

Kadesma, you are something special. I love hearing about families who are as close as yours is. Have a great time with them.

Yum, that sounds good.
I had a similar appetizer tonight. French bread with an alfredo sauce spread on it, topped with mushrooms and artichoke hearts, then mozz and baked. It was tasty. Would have been much better with crab meat too.
Cora, your appy sounds great, I'll have to try making one like that for us one of these days.
kadesma :)

Kadesma, you are something special. I love hearing about families who are as close as yours is. Have a great time with them.
Lynda,
Thank you..What a sweet thing to say. I too, love hearing about others families, it just seem to make things warmer and nicer. Our family is the most special thing in our lives and being able to love and be with them a special gift.
kads

Miss CJ...This sounds so good, just as you described! It also got my creative juices flowing to think about what other version of this could I do!! First time will be your recipe, then their is no telling what I may conjure up!!:ermm:

Thanks for the recipe.......

Take Care & Stay Sweet!!

Miss CJ...This sounds so good, just as you described! It also got my creative juices flowing to think about what other version of this could I do!! First time will be your recipe, then their is no telling what I may conjure up!!:ermm:

Thanks for the recipe.......

Take Care & Stay Sweet!!
I will try, to stay sweet:LOL: And now I will look forward to what you will conjur up..If it's anything like the sauce for the shrimp salad, it will be a winner keeper...
kads

Thank goodness you are well enough to be with your family!!!...You are the sweetest thing that can happen to them!!!!!....Stay well.
Thank you Ella,
I feel better each day and I have really learned to enjoy the day before me.I plan to take good care of myself, no more hospitals for me if at all possible.

kades

Wow that sounds so yummy CJ, a must try, and so happy you are feeling so much better. Don't know about the look on your kids faces - but I have drool on mine! Have a great family day, you are so loved.

Thanks Barb,
I'm looking forward to everyone being here..It's such a delight to feel good and enjoy doing the things I love..Have a wonderful sunday and dinner and I'll be thinking of you.
kadesma:)

So good to see you back in the kitchen, feeling better, and your enthusiasm. Have a great dinner. :)

Back
Top Bottom