TNT Marinated Brussels Sprouts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
This is often an appy for us but In spring and hot summer evenings I like to serve this as cool side with a grilled steak or a chop even sausages.
Take 1-1/2 lbs of trimmed Brussels sprouts,3/4c white wine,6 Tab.wine vinegar,1-1/2 Tab. packed brown sugar,3 cloves crushed garlic,and a dash of Tabasco put in sauce pan,bring to boil til sugar dissolves/ Lower heat and simmer,partially covered til sprouts are barely tender, You want them to be crisp.Transfer to a bowl and then add 1 tab. chopped dill pickle, 3 Tab.chopped green onion both white and green.3 Tab. chopped pimento.Cover and refrigerate.Stir occasionally, for 24 hours or more.
Enjoy,
kadesma

Thanks GB,
I often set aside a small bowl and enjoy then while I read or work on the computer.
lades:)

Sounds good. I copied and pasted it to office word. How do you think it would work with cauliflower florets?

Sounds good. I copied and pasted it to office word. How do you think it would work with cauliflower florets?
I've never tried it,but I'd make sure to keep the cauliflower crisp otherwise it will fall apart. I imagine it would work and be great nice and cold.
kadesma:)

Back
Top Bottom