TNT REC: Crostini with Roasted Peppers and Goat Cheese

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GotGarlic

Chef Extraordinaire
Crostini with Roasted Peppers and Goat Cheese

1 loaf French baguette
2 red and 2 yellow bell peppers, or 1 15-oz. jar roasted peppers
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp. dried oregano, crumbled
¼ cup red wine vinegar
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
8 oz. goat cheese

Slice baguette on a diagonal into ½-inch slices. Toast in a 350 degree oven till lightly browned. Cool on wire racks and set aside.

Preheat broiler on high. Halve, core, and seed peppers; flatten with your hand. Broil 3 inches away from broiler flame on cookie sheet for 8 minutes, until skin is charred black. Remove from oven and place in a plastic bag for 15 minutes to steam; pull off skin.

Cut peppers into 2-inch x ¼-inch strips and place in a baking dish or other wide, flat dish. Sprinkle garlic, oregano, vinegar and olive oil evenly over peppers. Set aside to marinate for 2-3 hours.

Stir peppers to mix up the colors. Spread a thin layer of goat cheese on baguette slices. Top with peppers.

Attachments

• crostini.jpg
    crostini.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 768
Last edited:
Thanks for sharing GG this looks wondeful..Have copied and will be making very soon.

kadesma:)

Mmm, this sounds wonderful. I bet it'd be great with fresh oregano instead of dried. DH and I are having our monthly "wine and apps weekend" this weekend, and this may just end up on my to-try list.

why do I click on these things!
I'm 1 jean size away from GOAL, I'm bored silly with winter and want to just keep cooking. My Word files look like my kids' bedrooms...
Thanks for another good one GG!

Mmm, this sounds wonderful. I bet it'd be great with fresh oregano instead of dried. DH and I are having our monthly "wine and apps weekend" this weekend, and this may just end up on my to-try list.

It probably would be good - I like the intense flavor of dried oregano, although there aren't many herbs I use dry. Hope you like it :)

why do I click on these things!
I'm 1 jean size away from GOAL, I'm bored silly with winter and want to just keep cooking. My Word files look like my kids' bedrooms...
Thanks for another good one GG!

Hey, Suz, it's *healthy*! Peppers are full of vitamin C and vitamin A, goat cheese is loaded with calcium and protein, olive oil is good for your heart - the bread is just a holder for everything ;)

Hey, Suz, it's *healthy*! Peppers are full of vitamin C and vitamin A, goat cheese is loaded with calcium and protein, olive oil is good for your heart - the bread is just a holder for everything ;)

Yep - just slice the bread thinner and you can find seeded wheat baguettes - I even found a flax seed and bran baguette - it's wonderful!

Got Garlic-- Just wanted to let you know I made these last night and they were great! I made some changes to the recipe, but not too many. I used canned roasted red peppers (they sell some truly wonderful ones here), and I also roasted a couple of heads of garlic and spread roasted garlic on the crostini instead of the goat cheese. Then I mounded a bit of goat cheese and roasted pepper ribbons on the crostini (here we call them montaditos). I made three types of montaditos, and this was DH's fave. So thanks a ton! :)

Got Garlic-- Just wanted to let you know I made these last night and they were great! I made some changes to the recipe, but not too many. I used canned roasted red peppers (they sell some truly wonderful ones here), and I also roasted a couple of heads of garlic and spread roasted garlic on the crostini instead of the goat cheese. Then I mounded a bit of goat cheese and roasted pepper ribbons on the crostini (here we call them montaditos). I made three types of montaditos, and this was DH's fave. So thanks a ton! :)

That sounds great. I might add the roasted garlic myself next time - DH and I love it, too. Glad you enjoyed it :)

Back
Top Bottom