Unexpected company challenge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
chez suz said:
If someone stopped by today they would have gotten freshly baked Chocolate Truffle Cookies..noone stopped by so more for me and my honey!

Since none of us made it by, would you be able to post the recipe for these cookies in the desserts forum? They sound wonderful! :D

Keep frozen puff pastry in the kitchen and use it to wrap around bite sized pieces of cheese , salami or or whole brie and bake. Or use frozen philo dough and wrap around asparagus, olives, whatever isin the fridge. Make a simple dipping sauce or salad dressing. Personally I would fein a head ache or not answer the door. I do not appreciate people just dropping in unannounced. With todays massive use of cell phones, even a call from a mile away would be courteous.

My aunt and mom used to say 'gee had I known you were coming I would have prepared something, but my fridge is empty.'

oh goodness, I'm afraid they'd get a bowl of cold cereal...

Or a spam sandwich... I'm out of almost everything..

oh, I chould make some scrambled eggs!

pdswife1 said:

hmmm, how about crushing up the cereal, dipping slices of spam in egg wash and breading with the cereal, then frying. lol, that would be interesting...

buckytom said:
pdswife1 said:

hmmm, how about crushing up the cereal, dipping slices of spam in egg wash and breading with the cereal, then frying. lol, that would be interesting...

lol... very interesting!

lol, pa, i was a boy scout.

on my honor, i will do my best, to do my duty, to god and my country and to obey the scout law;

to help other people at all times;

to keep myself physically strong,

mentally awake, and morally straight.

i would mix a can of rinsed and drained black beans with a half a can of drained yellow corn, some salsa, some minced white onion, and some chopped cilantro, and a little of salt. and a clove of minced garlic! i forgot the garlic! i would top it all off w/a layer of extra sharp cheddar. garnish would be a few slices of jalapeno or some snipped scallion. i'd serve with bagged tortilla chips.
or
i'd mash a rinsed, drained can of Great Northern beans really well and add a clove or 2 of mashed garlic, some fresh basil, lots of white pepper, and a little scallion. then i'd serve that with warm pita wedges, carrot sticks, and toasted bagel pieces, maybe some melba toast.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom