"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Appetizers & Hors D'oeuvres
Old 03-14-2008, 01:01 PM   #111
Master Chef
Send a message via Yahoo to ChefJune
Originally Posted by stinemates View Post
Bruschetta topped with truffle oil, strucchino cheese, and grilled white peach.

I had it at the following place in SF. Would recommend it if you're ever thinking of italian food and in San Francisco.

Rose Pistola - Restaurant - San Francisco
hmmm I didn't realize Rose Pistola was still in existence. A "lost" friend of mine Reed Hearon, was the creator of that restaurant. I knew he wasn't there any more, and thought it wasn't either!

Every time I see this thread title, I think of the yummy morsels my friend Lauren Groveman made.... little chopped liver balls rolled in maple bacon and baked.

Wine is the food that completes the meal.
ChefJune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 08:19 PM   #112
Assistant Cook
My husband and I love to get oysters on the half shell...he doctors up a great sauce with Horseradish and red sauce...and we have a Bloody Mary on the side to wash them down.. This is what we had in New Orleans several times on our last visit!

Jstargo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 04:57 AM   #113
Senior Cook
I had a croquetta at a Basque tapas place nearby recently. I think it must have been of crab. It was mind-meltingly delicious and about the size of a tangerine. SO good.
karenlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 08:22 PM   #114
Senior Cook
Send a message via AIM to danpeikes
Originally Posted by Yakuta View Post
Wow Ironchef that sounds delish, gotta go to
Indian sheekh kabab and chicken tikka ( I love them both at my favorite joint in Devon Chicago, not an upscale place but really good food)
I have lived right off Devon devon my entire life. As an orthodox jew have always stuck w/ the strictly kosher establishments in the area which there are many. Many articals have been writen about the melting pot that is Devon. in just my area of devon going east to west you get alot of kosher food (all sorts from donuts to chinese), have middle eastern, russian, Indian. There is nothing you can't get here.
danpeikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 08:25 PM   #115
Head Chef
Fried green tomatoes topped with crab, bleu cheese remoulade, and drizzled with a balsamic reduction

Wyogal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 08:47 PM   #116
Master Chef
my spinach pies

Your hand and your mouth agreed many years ago that, as far as chocolate is concerned, there is no need to involve your brain. -Dave Barry
msmofet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 09:30 PM   #117
Assistant Cook
Send a message via Yahoo to marcmanaois
Baked Tahong

Mussels, topped with cream cheese, garlic oil, spring onions and a pinch of cayenne pepper. Yumm-O!!!!
marcmanaois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 06:16 AM   #118
Senior Cook
This has to be my best appetizer. It is easy to make and tastes so good when hot.

You can learn how to make it at Keep Learning Keep Smiling Easy To Cook - Crunchy Dumplings for Snack or Appetizer

shalinee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 12:18 PM   #119
Senior Cook
It depends on what kind of main course I'm having. my favorite appetizers are egg rolls, caramari, and chicken wings!
Thaicooking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 09:12 PM   #120
to be honest I had a cajun shrimp po-boy quesadilla at bugaboo creek steak house the other night and it was simply amazing...but anything thats spicy and has cheese is a winner by me.

fire34fighter is offline   Reply With Quote