What is the best appetizer you have ever had?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kimbaby

Executive Chef
What is the best apperitzer you have ever had?
was at a resturant or a party,did you make it or did some one else?

I had Lobster rolls at this wedding once and they were out of this world...

Mussels

I once had wonderful steamed mussels with a tomato/white wine sauce at a rather upscale Florida seafood restaurant, and, lucky for me, the person who invited us was a "frequent" visitor, so plate after plate of these complimentary treats arrived, so many in fact I could barely put a dent in the massive seafood pasta entree. Unfortunately, I do not remember the name of the restaurant.

Chorizo braised in red wine and served with fresh sweet pineapple. My house, my treat!

Warm Brie and Whole Roasted Garlic with Salsas of Roasted
Tomato~Jalapeño and Tomatillo

We have this whenever we go to Cafe Pasquals in Santa Fe. It's a huge piece of cheese that they stick under the broiler served with warm homemade bread, roasted garlic & two kinds of salsa. It is to die for, literally, it's a heart attack on a plate.:LOL: I can't wait for our next trip!
http://www.pasquals.com/dinner.html

The best that I've ever had at a restaurant would be one time when I had duck quesidas with a wonderful mint & yogurt dipping sauce. At home I would say that it's all the Christmas season appies that I make, most of which are recipes from my mom. Too hard to pick just one :)

Hmm...I don't know about the best, but I'm addicted to the satays from Wild Ginger in Seattle. They have like I think 7 or 8 different kinds and you can sit at a satay bar and watch them make it for you.

cristal said:
Hmm...I don't know about the best, but I'm addicted to the satays from Wild Ginger in Seattle. They have like I think 7 or 8 different kinds and you can sit at a satay bar and watch them make it for you.
That's a great restaurant! I used to walk past it sometimes on my way to work and it was always packed.

My favorites are a good liver pate or vitello tonnato (can be made with chicken of turkey too).

artichoke and crab dip on bread chips and Bubba Gumps' (Miami restaurant) spinach/artichoke dip

Last edited:
i've had far too many to pick one, but the last good one that i've been craving was a bresaola and white bean salad.
the bresaola was shaved, simply served on a bed of arrugula, and it was dressed with lemon juice, black pepper, and evoo, with a side of a cold white bean salad, and roasted garlic.

Little French place down in Freemont...

snails baked with cheese in a puff pastry. Oh my it was good!

The best appetizer I ever had, was at a restaraunt called Pappa's Seafood. ( I'm sure most of you know the place)..

They make the best Grilled Shrimp Brochettes -Wrapped in bacon-stuffed with a jalepeno and white cheese. Butter please!!!!!

college_cook said:
i love crab cakes... they make such a great starting dish

Crab cakes are one of my favorite... but bad crab cakes... *shudders

I bet I've had more bad ones than good too, I thought I didn't like them forever.

Back
Top Bottom