Originally Posted by Audeo
Hands down, I love crab and parmesan stuffed mushrooms. And merstar, I would LOVE to have your recipe for the spinach-stuffed shrooms, please!!!
Here you go, Audeo - these are delicious! And would you post the Crab and Parmesan Stuffed Mushrooms? They sound great.
SPINACH STUFFED MUSHROOMS
(Note: I rubbed the mushrooms with a little salt for extra flavor).
6 servings or 24 mushroom caps
24 large mushrooms, stems removed and stems chopped,set aside
2 tablespoons butter
1 cup onions, finely diced
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
1 1/2 cups spinach, finely chopped
3 tablespoons breadcrumbs
1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated (I used Parmigiano Reggiano)
salt and pepper
1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
1. Oil a cookie sheet with 1 tbsp oil and place mushroom caps, face up on it.
2. In a large skillet heat butter over medium heat, and allow to melt.
3. Add onions and thyme.
4. When onions begin to brown, add chopped mushroom stems, spinach and bread crumbs.
5. Continue to cook on medium to high heat until tender and moisture has evaporated, approximately 5 minutes.
6. Remove from heat. Add parmesan, salt & pepper, stir well.
7. Stuff each mushroom with filling - use all the filling.
8. Sprinkle oil over the caps. (The recipe does not indicate how much oil, so I drizzled a small amount)
9. Bake 375F degrees oven for 15-20 minutes.
posted by Bergy, Recipezaar - Edited by Meryl