What is your favorite cracker plate?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Haggis said:
The plainer the cracker the better when it comes to cheese, pate and the like. They are nothing more than a cheese-to-mouth delivery vehicle.
Why even bother with the cracker then? It is not like you really need it to act as a delivery vehicle, unless of course you are talking about softer cheeses like brie.

sounds strange but very good and cheap

Ritz crunchie peanut butter, top it wil catup, and chopped green
onions.

Can't stop eating them. So good

Oh I am a triscuit lover,
take some triscuits douse with pizza sauce add mozzerella & a pepperoni slice
bake in a 350 degree oven till cheese is melted,ummm thats my fave...
also Like triscuits with swiss and provolone :)

kimbaby said:
Oh I am a triscuit lover,
take some triscuits douse with pizza sauce add mozzerella & a pepperoni slice
bake in a 350 degree oven till cheese is melted,ummm thats my fave...
also Like triscuits with swiss and provolone :)
Oh, I love baked cracker recipes. I've done all the "melt" recipes on the back of the Ritz box in my microwave to serve at parties. Really good, especially the one with tomatoe and cheese and ham.

How could I forget one of my favorites! S'mores!!!:LOL:

Here's some Rocky Road S'mores.

http://causeyoucare.keebler.com/smores.html

jazz_rcp_smores_photo.jpg

Try it with a slice of banana, (maybe some peanut butter spread on the cracker), a marshmallow & piece of milk chocolate.

OR

Cherry pie filling, a marshmallow & a piece of dark chocolate.

Yummers!

The smoked salmon looks pretty good too!

http://causeyoucare.keebler.com/salmon.html

Last edited:
rickell said:
Ritz crunchie peanut butter, top it wil catup, and chopped green
onions.

Can't stop eating them. So good

You are joking, right? :sick: I like weird combinations of foods, but ketchup and peanut butter? Eep!

grumblebee said:
You are joking, right? :sick: I like weird combinations of foods, but ketchup and peanut butter? Eep!

NO I AM NOT JOKING TRY THEM THEY ARE GOOD. STUFF YOU
PROBABLY HAVE AT HOME RIGHT NOW. MY FAMILY LOVES THESE
AT PARTIES WE CAN'T STOP MAKING THEM CAUSE THEY GET GOBBLED
UP.

Nothing weird about the love of a good cheese

grumblebee said:
When I have nice cheeses I like to eat them on their own or perhaps with some good wine. I don't like eating the cheese on crackers or with fruits or anything. I just want to taste the different flavours of cheese - nothing else. I'm weird that way. :angel:

As for what I like with crackers, I like olive tepanade, antipasto, spinach dip, hummous, tzaziki, and cream cheese with garlic and chives. Yum.

Grumblebee,
I am a cheese purist myself. While I do eat items with my cheeses I enjoy the taste of a good quality cheese. The only cheese I may add items to would be a soft cheese like a cream cheese. I do prepare baked Brie for many of my caterings, but for myself I would rather not.
I also love Tzaziki by itself or with greek food.
Mark:chef:

Mark Webster said:
Grumblebee,
I am a cheese purist myself. While I do eat items with my cheeses I enjoy the taste of a good quality cheese. The only cheese I may add items to would be a soft cheese like a cream cheese. I do prepare baked Brie for many of my caterings, but for myself I would rather not.
I also love Tzaziki by itself or with greek food.
Mark:chef:

Another cheese purist! Yay!

I always am slightly irked when I go to parties and someone has wrecked the brie or camembert by baking it in pastry with onions/mushrooms or whatever. I want brie - straight up. No caramalized onions, no cranberries... just BRIE.

I will eat it with some nice crusty bread if it is melted and/or very ripe... but that is it!

(and for the record, it makes me sad when I see people nibbling around the edible rinds and then throwing them out. Do NOT throw out the rinds people! It's often the best part of cheese!)

Last edited:
mish said:
How could I forget one of my favorites! S'mores!!!:LOL:

Here's some Rocky Road S'mores.

http://causeyoucare.keebler.com/smores.html

jazz_rcp_smores_photo.jpg

Try it with a slice of banana, (maybe some peanut butter spread on the cracker), a marshmallow & piece of milk chocolate.

OR

Cherry pie filling, a marshmallow & a piece of dark chocolate.

Yummers!

The smoked salmon looks pretty good too!

http://causeyoucare.keebler.com/salmon.html
At first I was like, "what the ****? Smores?" But then I realized gramham CRACKERS! The sweet cracker besides animal crackers! LOL, I was just thinking of savory crackers and combos. That smoked salmon thing looks good though. Mmm, I havn't had salmon + cream cheese and dill on a cracker in a while now.

I don't know if this qualifies as a cracker plate, but is a favorite of mine. I used to get a cheese mixture from Costco that was made up of cream cheese, gorgonzola, macadamia nuts, pears and cranberries. It was so good! The last two times I've been it wasn't there. I had kept the top off the container and saw the name of the company who makes it. I can order it for $17.60, but they charge $59.00 to deliver it. As much as I like it, I think that is too rich for me. It is good with every sort of cracker I've used.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom