What kind of crackers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I like these. They don't upstage the cheese or pate and they come in small packages so they don't hang around in the cupboard.

Carr’s Crackers & Cookies

I also like to toast slices of french bread or rye bread to make my own version of melba toast. This is one of a million recipes.

Toasted Baguette Recipe : Ina Garten : Food Network

Now that I'm on a limited carb diet I also like to set out some fairly wide bell pepper strips, cucumber slices, celery chunks, carrot strips, etc...

I use cream crackers. Like the water cracker, they have very little extra flavor so you can taste whatever you spread on them. They are crispy and hold up well. Most brands are a good size also. my 02

Last edited:
Excellent ideas above. I didn't want to have to break out the Wheat Thins for this one. :)

Excellent ideas above. I didn't want to have to break out the Wheat Thins for this one. :)

You don't want the cracker to take over the flavor of the food that is being placed on it. The cracker should just be a vehicle for the cheese. :angel:

My favorite crackers are raincoast crisps. They are for special occasions and you can order them from amazon or get in some cheese shops, etc.

http://www.lesleystowe.com/index.html#/the-crisps/

The cranberry hazlenut is amazing. The regular flavor would be perfect with smoked cheeses ;)

crisp.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom