What to do with duck fat?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Duck Fat Bruchetta

Chill in freezer 2-4 oz of duck fat while you do this prep.
6-8 oz of duck fat, 6 roma tomatoes, 1 med minced onion, 2 tsb minced garlic, some zest and juice of 1 lemon or orange , some tarragon sprigs and parsley. Cook on med high, combine everything, add a dash of sugar. Pinch of salt and let cool. place tarragon springs in a scissor and strip the leaves discard the stalk and serve on crusty bread, Just before take out to the guests dollop some of the chilled duck fat on top. Champagne or Cold Duck!

how long should i cook the invaders to achieve nicely browned, medium-rare, dark meat roasts? my mother-in-law used to use boiling water as a cooking medium for preparing such uninvited scoundrels. she served them with her famous glutenous potato bread rolls, and saved her duck fat for her confit.

After they fall to the ground, you have to clonk 'em on the head. That'll keep 'em from flailing around. Then, you're looking at about 12 minutes per pound, unless you first stuff them with fruit. Then, you have to go at least 15 minutes per pound in the boiling duck fat. A little salt and pepper, and maybe some rubbed sage goes nicely in this meal.:LOL:

Seeeeeeeya; Goodweed of the British Isles (you didn't really think I'd sign my name to this one, now didja?:LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:)

how long should i cook the invaders to achieve nicely browned, medium-rare, dark meat roasts? my mother-in-law used to use boiling water as a cooking medium for preparing such uninvited scoundrels. she served them with her famous glutenous potato bread rolls, and saved her duck fat for her confit.

Must you encourage him? Now we'll have to listen to him tell the story over and over again (he's forgetful) about the time people thought he was funny when he suggested using duck fat to fry invaders. :rolleyes:

After they fall to the ground, you have to clonk 'em on the head. That'll keep 'em from flailing around. Then, you're looking at about 12 minutes per pound, unless you first stuff them with fruit. Then, you have to go at least 15 minutes per pound in the boiling duck fat. A little salt and pepper, and maybe some rubbed sage goes nicely in this meal.:LOL:

Seeeeeeeya; Goodweed of the British Isles (you didn't really think I'd sign my name to this one, now didja?:LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:)

you men -always with the clonking. the invaders need to be gently anesthetized. then, care should be taken to avoid unduly bruising the meat prior to dressing.:):

Must you encourage him? Now we'll have to listen to him tell the story over and over again (he's forgetful) about the time people thought he was funny when he suggested using duck fat to fry invaders. :rolleyes:

P.A.G., what did I teach you about being disrespectful. Your grounded young lady. Go to your room. And forget about those swordfish steaks, with the smoldering chicken on the side that I was going to bring over. You get a bologna sandwich, with not mustard!:LOL:

Now get out the meat mallet. I fear we're do for an invasion from the Amazon Martians, and the fireproof dwarfs! I'll bring the kethchup and french fries.:ROFLMAO:

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

any idea of how many of those 1 1/2 oz. packages I should use to make potatoe pancakes? 2 ?

THinking of using the rest to make ginger cookies.

How'd I miss this thread? :rolleyes:

Potatoes fried in duck fat are THE BEST! especially French fries.

Slices of bread fried in duck fat are also delicious. You can eat them as is for a snack, or cut them up for croutons.

Then again, you need gallons of it to make duck confit. (But you get more gallons of it when you're finished!)

I'm buying a duck! ...I hope I like it.

pf, for realz, your first duck? you just gave me goose bumps! and i was about to go cold turkey, too. well, you know what they say: if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, then you must buy it and eat it! i feel like a mother hen, i'm so happy and proud of you, pf - how perfectly ducky!:LOL:

pf, for realz, your first duck? you just gave me goose bumps! and i was about to go cold turkey, too. well, you know what they say: if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, then you must buy it and eat it! i feel like a mother hen, i'm so happy and proud of you, pf - how perfectly ducky!:LOL:

:ROFLMAO:

It looks like a rock...no quacking, just sits there and it's cold as ice...it's a rock:ermm:

any idea of how many of those 1 1/2 oz. packages I should use to make potatoe pancakes? 2 ?

THinking of using the rest to make ginger cookies.

now you're talking! three ounces of duck fat sounds about right, m/l. you are only using it in the frying pan. potato pancakes are a most excellent subject for your duck fat. you're sure to be somebody's hero with a heap of those golden cakes!:)

My Dear new Acquaintances,
If you are to lavish upon Duck. There is always a bill to be paid. Hence I suggest using some fresh orange juice, and a dollop of butter to aid in enticing the release of bit n pieces that are now mud ed with the grease and natural gelatin from the cooking process. While this warmed over a flame or back in the oven it's capture will lead to a greater bounty. You may then freeze and thaw or employ it will a myriad of sauces, rue and appetizers that will award you as "Host" a most honorable Quackatierredomestiquette. Enjoy.

Last edited:
Chill in freezer 2-4 oz of duck fat while you do this prep.
6-8 oz of duck fat, 6 roma tomatoes, 1 med minced onion, 2 tsb minced garlic, some zest and juice of 1 lemon or orange , some tarragon sprigs and parsley. Cook on med high, combine everything, add a dash of sugar. Pinch of salt and let cool. place tarragon springs in a scissor and strip the leaves discard the stalk and serve on crusty bread, Juuschettast before take out to the guests dollop some of the chilled duck fat on top. Champagne or Cold Duck!

i love this idea of yours for bruschetta made with duck fat. can't wait to try it out just as soon as i have the required amount of fat. (pf, you got plans for your rock's fat yet?):)

i love this idea of yours for bruschetta made with duck fat. can't wait to try it out just as soon as i have the required amount of fat. (pf, you got plans for your rock's fat yet?):)

Are you KIDDING...?!? It's the duck fat talk that got me to buy a rock/duck in the first place. That fat will be rendered and spread on toast, and fry potatoes and clog my arteries some more...I better have my dose of Lipitor increased.:LOL: As soon as it thaws it's soup!

i'm back again to extol the many merits of duck fat. some of you might think i talk of nothing but duck fat, mushrooms, peaches and stainless steel. well, they are some of my current faves....duck fat. with amazon sending a steady supply of duck fat to my kitchen, i now use it liberally in place of oil or butter for special results with eggs, potatoes, cauliflower, onions, etc...my newest "discovery" for its use is on frozen french fries. face it, even ore ida's fries are only meh, no better. now, coat you fries with duck fat, add some to the baking pan as well, and bake as usual. try one. whaddya think aboud-em Now?! :)

Vit mate, this weekend we were harvesting so sat morning I put a duck and a piece of boned pork butt to low and slow.The butt was for Sundays dinner of pulled pork sarnies.
For both meals I cut fresh dug red spuds into wedges,washed and dried them then tossed them in the smoky garlic flavored duck fat and roasted them crispy.
They are so good they should be illegal.garden & BBQ 491.jpgclic on pic.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom